Snagged this from Shannon. He didn't have the time to work on it so I gladly took it over.
It was fairly raped. The finish was removed(sort of) before Shannon got it.
I have to admit that I am not a fan of Carvin 7 string necks but being that it was stripped, I did slim it down a tiny bit. I should have done more but I kind of figure this guitar is going to be a "test-bed" for different finishes and stuff.
Anyway... what started out like this:
Now looks like this:
I still have to wire it up but I figured I'd post it up since I'm bored and taking a break from it.
I'm not super happy with the color. I was hoping for more of an orange but I guess this will work for now. I'm considering taking all the colors I have now and re-doing it with some awful fr00tastic stain job trying to use the grain flow as a pattern for the colors. We'll see. But for now, that'll do, Meg. That'll do.
Damn dude, that looks excellent!