Ok, So I will have a chance to get a new guitar most likely around tax time of 2011 But was wondering what one of these three 8 strings would be worth getting.
So, what one do you guys thing would be worth getting? I'm sorta leaning toward the Schecter Mainly because it has pickups in the correct positions
but the Agile has some advantages as well, Like Longer scale and Neck thru.
Having played an Agile and an LTD, and a different Schecter, here's my thoughts:
- First off, the LTD is neck-through also.
- If the Damien is anything like the Hellraiser, the necks are beautiful. Definitely the most comfortable of the three.
- The extra scale-length might be nice, but I had no trouble with the Schecter my old guitarist has.
- The LTD definitely has the thinnest neck, if that's more your style. The Schecter felt a lot like the 7-string version, maybe a little nicer even.
- I had no trouble with the longer scale-length on the Agile, either, but then I wasn't doing any crazy stretches, really.
All three are decent options, although the EMG808 sucks balls, and you'll likely want to replace it in any of them. Seriously, I like the EMG81-7, and even kind of like the 707 for what it is, but the 808 just sounds terrible compared to the 707.