Within the last year I got so many requests for fan-fretted Duality model so I finally had to change my mind and go for that weird option.
So here's what we're create/build this time
I decided to kill 2 rabbits at a time and apply this option to the Bird's Eye Duality I was about to start, so here're the specs as they are now:
Duality 7 FF BE
* · 25 frets, 632/682mm, 24.88-26.85"
* · Korina (Limba) body
* · 5A bird's eye maple top
* · 5A bird's eye maple neck
* · ViK reversed “split-design” headstock
* · 5A bird's eye fingerboard with compound radius
* · Nordstrand Signature 7 pickups
* · Gotoh SGS510 tuners (18:1 gear ratio)
* · ABM 7 individual saddles bridge
* · German fretwire
* · Gotoh 2 way truss rod
* · 2 CTS 500K pot
* · 5 way super-switch
* · Switchcraft long type input jack
* · Schaller straplocks
* · Black ABS binding arround the neck
* · Buffalo horn nut
* · Nitro-cellulouse high gloss natural finish
I'm going to start the project in the very beginning of July or maybe this week. I'll be posting detailed process on ViK Guitar Forum and update this thread often as well. So take your time and check for new posts.
If someone wants to pickup/reserve this project I don't mind. Ask for quote.
Those specs looks very cool.
If I have on little nitpick it's I prefer both pickups be slanted like the bridge pickup. I think it makes the guitar look more symmetrical and I think the neck pickup would sound a bit better.