Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Suhr 7 String's - NOW AVAILABLE

Tags
string suhr
6K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
Hey guys -

Not trying to make my first post spam but I had posted this on sevenstring.org and one of the guys there suggested I post it here also. I just wanted to let you know that Suhr is now accepting orders for their 7 string Modern. I received the following from them last night.

"We can now take orders for the Modern 7-String that was introduced at NAMM but the bridge choice is still limited to the Floyd Rose Original 7-String and the EMG pickups. The base price is the same as any other Custom model. John is working on a 7-string version of the Aldrich pickups and looking at other bridge options but it may still be a little while (several months) before other options for the bridges and pickups are finalized".

Please look me up if you're interested in getting one on order or would like additional info.

Thanks,

Matt :)

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
mattsmusic.com
--------------------------------
Fender Custom Shop Dealer
6 months 0% Financing Available
Jackson/Charvel Custom Shop Dealer
Grosh, Suhr and Anderson Guitars Dealer
Splawn, Bogner and Mesa/Boogie shipped anywhere in the USA!

See less See more
#4 ·
Sup Matt? :metal: Apology accepted, a couple of us pimp your shop a fair amount around here, so we're glad to have you on the boards. Stick around if you've got the time! :D

Not sure if you remember me, I was in there about a year ago with a beat up UV7PWH to try out a Stiletto Ace. It had a broken tube straight out of the box, which you swapped so I could demo it out, which given its closed-back construction was kind of a pain in the ass. I've felt guilty as hell about not buying it ever since, but I'm still head over heels in love with the Roadster I picked up used instead. :lol:

#14 ·
I just got the following from Suhr.

"We can take orders with the Duncan 7-string pickups but they need to be supplied right away so that we can work on the CAD drawings and the CNC programming. We'll only do the DiMarzio pickups if the dimensions are identical to that of Duncan's. We can't do the CAD drawings and CNC programming for every different type of 7-string pickup out there".

If any of you guys want to be the first kid on the block to own a Suhr 7 string, get in touch with me ASAP! I only need a non refundable $500.00 deposit to get your order in the system, the balance doesn't have to be paid until your guitar arrives in about 5 months.

Matt

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
mattsmusic.com

#15 ·
If he can offer this guitar with a SD, any DiMarzio will fit :agreed:

It's mostly a matter of the size, Matt. The EMG housing is larger than all 7 string passive pup sizes. So, you see the dilemma in wanting to change pickups in that case.

#22 ·
Change of plans... DiMarzio's are being offered instead of Duncan's. Sorry, I'm kind of posting info as it becomes available to me. Suhr saw that alot of people weren't happy with the EMG idea and is responding to that. It also seems DiMarzio 7 string pickups are the choice over Duncan's.

Matt

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
mattsmusic.com

#28 ·
Change of plans... DiMarzio's are being offered instead of Duncan's. Sorry, I'm kind of posting info as it becomes available to me. Suhr saw that alot of people weren't happy with the EMG idea and is responding to that. It also seems DiMarzio 7 string pickups are the choice over Duncan's.
Not sure I agree with that, but it is pretty much a non-issue. Passive pickup routes mean I can put whatever I want in it. :yesway:

#34 ·
Hopefully, with the Aldrich on the way it shouldn't be an issue, as it looks like most Suhr pickups use SD-style baseplates and tabs.

#36 ·
Yeah, I dunno. Maybe DiMarzio offered a better licensing deal?

I prefer Duncan's 7-string offerings in terms of construction. Having a pickup mounted to PCB material just feels kind of 'cheap' to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.