Emperion guitars (epic fail content)

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Emperion guitars (epic fail content)

ME: Tom Anderson ProAm 7
    Rig: Brunetti XLII R-EVO

Emperion guitars (epic fail content)

ME: ESP Maverick
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Orange

Emperion = Epic train wreck.
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

What the hell? 800USD for that?

This is what they said to him when he wanted a refund:

"I'm sorry to inform you that after we received your previous e-mail we can't give you any refund or accept the coming back of the guitar. In the moment you said you were satisfied about the quality and the set up of the instrument, we were sure of the conditions of the guitar, because we set it. By now also a string change may cause little variation in the quality of the guitar.
    Permit me to explain you this point tecnically, just because I want to give you the clearest explanation I can. When you bought the guitar the thing we did, a part from the customization, was this: we gave it to our external lab that made a calibration, which means that the luthier calibrated the bridge, changed the strings, polished the frets and the entire neck. This doesn't mean that this could be considered a definitive calibration. The change of temperature, the shipping, the use of the instrument, the different tension and type of strings are definitively factors that change this original calibration, because of the fact that the wood, for its natural characteristics, change its shape. This is the reason why every luthier you may meet on your way will tell you that is absolutely necessary after at least a month after you have a brand new guitar to make another calibration, because only at that time the wood can be considered stable. But this is something I can't do for you. It will be up to you to take care of your personal instrument.
    By now I can ensure you there were not dead notes when the guitar left our warehouse, and the fact that you was initially satisfied about the instrument confirms me that it is happened what's normal for every brand new guitar. This is not a problem of respecting or scamming each other. I think you can perfectly understand the things you are saying are obviously not sufficient reasons to give you a refund. This is the reason why we put inside the guitar an official paper which guarantees the work of our external lab.

I'm sorry if this may cause you troubles, but as I said we can't do anything for you in this case."
    There's so much fail in there, I don't even know where to begin.

ME: 90 RG570
    Rig: Digitech GSP2101

Shit. One of my current customers ordered a custom from them, I hope she doesn't get too screwed over.

And then some more fail:

I don't really understand why the Floyd Rose cavity bother you that much. Maybe it is not symmetric and that's true, but we are talking about a part that is completely hidden, so I don't see it as a problem, considering the fact that it is perfectly useful for its purpose.Dents, scratches, swirl marks are the normal consequences of the glossy painting. The only way to solve this problem is to paint it as the Paul Reed Smith brand does with 1/1.2 millimeters of paint on the top. The only problem is that this technique kills completely the resonance and if it takes a hit completely crack the paint.
    As far as the completely different shape you are talking about: first of all is not completely different, but just a little bit, and this does not anyway compromise the access to any of the frets on the neck.
    Finally it seems clear to me when you talk me about the problems you had touching the tremolo, or that the shipment creates some difference in the set up or that the strings are brand new and so you need to stretch them a little bit to maintain the tuning.
    Anyway this does not depend on the guitar. This, as I said, is not something we can accept to refund you the money."

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

What a bunch of scam artists

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

"Yes, we're admitting that the guitar is different than what you ordered, but I don't see why that means you should get a refund..."