Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NGD: My first on this board

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  mattofvengeance 
#1 ·
Alright, dewds. We're going all the way back to last year for this one. I had been searching for a 2228 forever, and I went to the Arlington Guitar Show where I met Jim from Strictly 7 and had the opportunity to lay my hands on his delicious guitars. The one that I instantly fell in love with was the Anaconda, his 8 string offering. Well, long story short, I've been in contact with him ever since, bouncing ideas off each other and what not. During this time, my home boy Ryan bought the Anaconda prototype from him and had him switch out the EMGs for Blackouts, as I'm sure you saw from his thread. He has come to the realization that 8s really aren't for him and contacted me about buying it off him. So, I sold my Agile to my other guitarist (to keep it in the family) and today, this arrived.

Hayley is investigating behind the box. She usually contributes to my NGDs, but I guess she abstained since I had chastised her earlier for being insolent.

Quick, precise, and to the point

Flap removed

Sweet ass case

Latch

The door to the crypt creeps open

Here she is

My mother inspecting the instrument

And then displaying it

Here's the headstock

And her rear

The most amazing part about all of this has nothing to do with the instrument, its builder, or anything even remotely music related. ITS THE CATS!

This is Hayley disapproving of the events

And this would be Ryan's cat, Anna

THEY'RE THE SAME!

Now, I've gotta say HUGE thanks are in order for Ryan for selling me this bad boy and packing her up so nicely. He was also so kind as to include some extra strings, oil, and even a Max Grip Jazz III. I'm a huge Dunlop Jazz homer, in all their forms, and I've wanted to try these out forever. These picks completely rule. I'm going to have to obtain a set tomorrow. The guitar plays like absolute butter, and I'm so glad to have the Blackouts in her. My plan now is once I get a backup, I'm going to repaint her a very bright and obnoxious color, and I may even paint the pickups. Thanks for viewing, everybody!

See less See more
#5 ·
Your cat is awesome!

Also, nice guitar! This guy looks like he builds some really nice stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.