NGD! Baritone 7

Tags
baritone ngd
10K views 115 replies 26 participants last post by  Psyler 
#1 ·
Its in. Flame neck, flame board, swamp ash body. 28.5ish

See less See more
#5 ·
Well, i'm really having trouble deciding :lol: Since i have a bareknuckle/q-tuner combo in one guitar, i'm kind of wanting something different. I'm thinking either a d-activator set, an evo set, or a custom wound norstrand set.

my other issue is that i have no experience with maple boarded necks OR swamp ash, so i'm taking a stab in the dark.

i'm tuning down to D# on it(1 1/2 below an 8) and i want clarity so i'm assuming i should probably be shooting for a mid out put pup

#8 ·
my other issue is that i have no experience with maple boarded necks OR swamp ash, so i'm taking a stab in the dark.

i'm tuning down to D# on it(1 1/2 below an 8) and i want clarity so i'm assuming i should probably be shooting for a mid out put pup
The combination will be quite a bit brighter than you're used to, which is IMO a good thing considering where you're looking to tune. :lol:

My advice would be to start with something mainstream and lower output (say, a PAF set), and then experiment from there. The swamp ash/maple combination should give you plenty of clarity and snap - I'd go with a pickup that won't overpower it, at least at first. If they don't work out for you, then at least you'll have a frame of reference from which to move (i.e - "the PAF was too bright and open, I need something darker and more compressed") and you won't be out a ton of cash.

#11 ·
Good point. Also, note that the rest of my strings arnt in relation. the lowest 3 are 1 1/2 steps below down (from and 8) the next 3 are 1 step down, and the higest string is only a 1/2 step down.

This is they type of sound i go for. You can hear the low d# right in the beginning of this song. They tune to something different, but my lowest string is going to be the same. Its something i plan to use sparingly

#19 ·
Me no have mineral spirits :(

Nice! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the scale once it's all finished. I've always wanted one of these but have been a bit hesitant of the scale length.
Just holding it and messing around with it, it barley feels different. But i'll report back :)

How's the quality? Looks good from here.
pretty fucking awesome. the neck is perfectly snug in the pocket, its all sanded perfectly, the body is uber comfey.

thanks guys!

A couple months ago Lee said he was waiting on a warmoth baritone 6, so i'v been curious to see how hes liking it(but the fucker never posts anymore!!)

#29 ·
got the grain filled, sanded up, and stained. i'm going to put another coat of stain, then to nitro. i wanted either "retnia melting" red or "what the fuck was that" red. I want fire engines to look pink next to this mother fucker.

I'v been refering to this guitar as Mars:The bringer of war :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.