Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Progress on my 2010 MIM Strat (pics)

7K views 43 replies 26 participants last post by  robanomoly 
#1 ·
Today needed another thread about my strat, so now you have it! :woohoo:

We can all mourn the loss of the classification sticker for now. It didn't get along with DiMarzio cleaning polish very well. :lol:

So far:

- Swapped the pickups for Lace Sensor golds
- Swapped the shit Fender pots for AT ones from StewMac
- Swapped the shit Fender switch for a 5-way "super switch"
- Swapped the shit Fender jack for a Switchcraft
- Black Sperzels (today)
- Black knobs / switch tip
- Shielded the cavity
- Elixir 11-49s

To do:

- New bridge, blocked.
- Maybe a black jack plate?

Note the missing pickguard screw. It's in my pocket, because I'm headed up to the hardware store to snag some black ones. :yesway:

See less See more
#10 ·
That black/white/black look is killer. Keep the chrome bridge and jack plate, and maybe swap the stock saddles for GraphTechs so that the black/chrome theme you have going with the tuners extends to the body.

#16 ·
To do:

- New bridge, blocked.
- Maybe a black jack plate?
1.) Yes
2.) NO. The contrast looks fucking awesome right now. Stick with Chrome for the bridge, too.

And they require drillage. No thanks.
Maybe, maybe not - I suspect it's a direct retrofit for a MIM Fender. I mean, you figure that's sort of the standard, right?

#21 ·
Maybe, maybe not - I suspect it's a direct retrofit for a MIM Fender. I mean, you figure that's sort of the standard, right?
Not always. Keep in mind that there are a lot of American-spaced 6-hole bridges out there too, even though Fender hasn't been using them recently. It's a crapshoot :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.