NPGD! (project/BC Rich content)

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPGD! (project/BC Rich content)

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

NPGD! (project/BC Rich content)

Yep, I've bought yet another guitar I couldn't resist this one though, not at the price.

I was in the local Cash Converters (like a pawn shop with out the pawn option for those not native to the UK) and spotted this hanging on the wall. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Warlock as one was my first semi-decent guitar. This one grabbed my eye as the bridge says "Floyd Rose" and it's neck through. Then I looked at the price on the back and had to have it. 90!?!? I sold my old Bronze Warlock for more than that, and this is definitely a better instrument.

So, the plan is to fix it up and flog it for a profit. Well, I say fix it up, what I actually mean is put a set of strings on it and rebalance the bridge. Looks a bit sorry for itself with 5 strings.

What I don't know is the model. My first thought was NJ series, but this is Chinese and I've not heard of a Chinese NJ model. I've also never seen an NJ with a Floyd, only copies with ribbed bars. It's heavy, and the body wood that you can see through the screw holes looks like it might be mahogany, but I'm, not sure. The bridge says Floyd Rose, so I'm thinking it's most likely Ping or Schaller, but it would be a right result if it's the real deal. The sustain block is a decent sized bit of machined steel, not cast, and it has some US Pat no's engraved on it. It has the usual shit BC Rich pickups, and the electronics are stock and original. That's why I think it's not a real USA Floyd, who'd put one on a Chinese guitar without upgrading pickups too?

Anyway, a few pics, maybe someone can identify this for me?

Yes, it really was 90!

I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > WALK IN COMA

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

For 90-L-things, you should just keep it man.

"I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth." - Oliver Reed

"America blaming BP for the oil spill is like a man punching a prostitute in the face because his own needs disgust him." - Stewart Lee

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    For 90-L-things, you should just keep it man.
    I'd love to, but in all honesty I can't afford to keep it hanging around for long. I've diverted funds from our new sofa fund to get it, so I think the wife would kill me if I did.

Of course, if the bridge turns out to be a real FR that I can sell for more than I paid for the guitar this will be staying and getting a hardtail conversion. I've always wanted to have a go at one myself and if it turns out to be a free guitar...

Now someone give me a clue what the bridge is at least!

ME: BC Rich Gunslingers
    Rig: Jet City JCA20H

If you don't, let me know when it's going and for how much ;D

ME: 90 RG570
    Rig: Digitech GSP2101

That thing came with that Floyd, the route is specifically for the asymmetrical Floyd, and it doesn't look touched up...

Here's one on eBay:

BC RICH Neck Thru Warlock Guitar BLACK w/Gig Bag NEW B - eBay (item 200372541091 end time Nov-04-10 09:47:51 PDT)

Looks to be the same, except without the "Made in China" stamp... I saw other pics of MIC Rich's, and they had stickers instead of stamps...

Also, while searching, I found this, and promptly laughed my ass off:

ME: Charvel Strathead
    Rig: Laney Ironheart

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    That's a Ping, you can tell by the arm collar, the beveled back edge of the saddles, and because it's on a newer BCRich. Same bridge that comes on the production Charvels.

ME: ESP Clockwork Zombie
    MA: Old Gibson
    Rig: Blackstar HT-5

such a sad panda