Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Periphery's Trailer Broken Into - Guitars Stolen

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

Periphery's Trailer Broken Into - Guitars Stolen

So, all the details are in there, I'll quote what's there so far for those who can't/don't go to

Quote Originally Posted by bulb
    Hey guys, i woke up to some pretty horrible news today. Apparently our trailer got broken into right in Tom's driveway, and whoever broke in stole Alex's guitars as they were the only ones in there.
    The one thing that is helpful is that 2 of the guitars are one of a kind so hopefully it will make them easier to recover.

The first one is Alex's customized Ibanez RGD 2120z 6 string (i think it has Deactivator X pickups in it), and its the only one of its kind in black (the same color the 7 string version comes in)
    Alex is working on getting pics of all these guitars but for now all i have is this:

The next one is a black Epiphone Genesis with an EMG 81/85 combo, its from the 70's i believe and it has great sentimental value to Alex because it was originally his Dad's guitar.

The last one is unfortunately very common and i dont know if Alex has the serials for any of these (we all literally found out a few hours ago) but its a Schecter Blackjack 7 string.

Please spread the word about this and lets try to recover these guitars (especially the first two), ill update with pictures and serials as i get them.

Here is some more detailed info:
    The guitars are fairly rare and unique other than the Blackjack, but its the unique ones that Alex really is hoping to recover, and if we are lucky, finding one guitar may lead to the others.

The Ibanez normally does not come in that color (although it may be a standard color in japan ibanez actually just resprayed a regular one for alex here) and it has Deactivator X pickups which do not come standard on the guitar as well as Grey Dimarzio straplocks which are not as common either, so chances are its the only one in the world with this EXACT configuration, i believe it has a small dent on top of the upper horn on the face of the guitar, where the bevel is. Also the volume knob is missing the cap, so you can see the inside of the knob. I doubt that whoever gets the guitar will have a cap to replace it because this is the newer speed knob they have been using on the Ibanez guitars, so if the guitar is this model, black and the volume knob is missing the cap, it should be a dead giveaway!

The Epiphone is a unique shape and is all black with pinstriped cream binding and had emgs installed, so it is also very unique as the Epiphone Genesis is a rare guitar. This one also had the hardware replaced to be all black, so it is likely one of a kind as well with it's exact configuration. It too has dimarzio straplocks but i am not sure whether those are grey or not. And it is an old guitar, older than any of us, so it has some due wear.

The Blackjack unfortunately is dead stock other than the dimarzio straplocks, it has some rust on the pickups i believe and is string with fairly heavy gauge strings (11-68) but other than that and a little road wear it is a bit difficult to tell it apart and i doubt Alex has the serial number for that one.

Thanks guys.
    Periphery's trailer got broken into, 3 of Alex's guitars were stolen! -

My own bit: Alex and the rest of Periphery are some of the nicest, coolest guys I've met, and while I hate to see any band get robbed, it's even worse when they're really decent, hardworking people. There's some seriously scummy people out there, and I hope they get caught and the guitars find their way home.

Edit: Here's a pic of an Epiphone Genesis (not his exactly, but they're rare enough that just the model alone will catch your eye, his has the mods listed above):

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

Stickied. Fucking gear thieves, the lowest form of scum.

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

^ You work fast

ME: Agile Pendulum
    MA: Ibanez EW20ASENT
    MB: Ibanez
    Rig: Line6 Pod Farm

yeah.seen the fb update earlier today

ME: RG1527, RG8527Z
    MB: SR706
    Rig: Mesa Boogie Roadster

Yeah, gear thieves are the lowest of the low. Fucking bastards.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Ah, fuck, I was just talking to Misha the other night, and things seemed to be going well with them. What piece of shit scumbags, I hate fucking thieves.
    Division: American Metal without the suck.

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

Fucking crooks.

My first Jackson CS 7 string Rhoads was stolen from Jaxx 2 weeks after I got it. Luckily insurance covered the loss, but I still had to wait another 18 months to get a replacement.