Metal Guitarist Forums banner

New Schecter 2011 models

9K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Nyarlath 
#1 ·
Reactions: distressed_romeo
#2 ·
I actually really like the look of the Special C8 and Blackjack Avenger...

#4 ·
Hope this isn't everything.....not excited at all about these. The two 8's are cool, I like the inlays on the Hellraiser a lot better, but again nothing i'm really excited for.

Edit
Just realized they did that V offset correctly. Bottom wing looks a bit shorter though...if it was just slightly offset i'd be all over it, but never liked unpointy rhoads Vs.

#8 ·
They really really need to do a new seven with that body shape; ideally one with a seven-in-line headstock rather than that retarded 6+1 design they used before.

#9 ·
I like the C-8, looks kinda sweet.

What struck me most about the link was that if Jerry Horton has a new guitar, then Papa Roach are still going? :scratch: I did not know that lol

#20 ·
They are but it's so badly advertised, even half of EMG themselves don't know lol. I contacted EMG regarding options on colours for their ERG actives and the guy I have known there all these years swore it wasn't available. But then he got back to me saying he made an enquiry and found out they were, scratching his head about why half the staff didn't know, and why it's never been on the website or catalogue.

But they do exist. You can get white 808's if you wanted to.

#28 ·
I think Schecter's 26.5" scale length would indeed suck for F# - E (low to high) but if I scored one I would retune it A - G (low to high). It seems about perfect for that.

#30 ·
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

ohio_eric said:
I think Schecter's 26.5" scale length would indeed suck for F# - E (low to high) but if I scored one I would retune it A - G (low to high). It seems about perfect for that.
26.5 is barely long enough for A, let alone F#, IMO. My bari is 27.7" @A with a .68, and that feels about right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.