Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Schecter's 2011 website and line-up!

14K views 169 replies 33 participants last post by  7deadlysins 
#1 ·
Really glad they put some time and effort into their site, as 2010's site was horrible to navigate. The new one is looking sleek, fast loading and really easy to navigate, via an intuitive selection system. On top of that, there's some really tasty new Guitars coming out, and once again Schecter embrace us 8 Stringers :D

I badly want me one of these!!!

In case that link didn't work due to gay web coding, here's a link to the page.

They've also added a Custom Shop template and order form, with instant price quote, which is handy, although crazy expensive (my quote came back at $10,000!!)

www.schecterguitars.com

See less See more
#95 ·
I'm talking more about their offerings when they were first starting to show up in American Musical Supply in like 2002 through like 2008; basically, after the first year or two the Hellraiser series was released. Originally, no one was offering a set-neck, archtop superstrat in mahogany anywhere *near* that price range. And then they started releasing very different instruments; I still want to get a C-1 E/A (the 22-fret semi-hollow-body C-1 with piezos), and the S-1 Elites were fantastic-looking instruments. The Celloblasters, the extended-scale Tribal series, the original Blackjacks (which were a way to get real Duncan pickups in a range of body shapes, scale lengths, string numbers, and configurations at a killer price), the set-neck and neckthru bass range with excellent pickups and preamps; hell, even the Hellraisers, when they first came out, were practically untouchable. EMGs, arched quilt maple top, abalone binding and inlays for $700?

However, since then Schecter has simplified, offering essentially the same neck, scale lengths, pickups, and control setup on a variety of shapes. They're at least getting some passives back in the range with the "Custom" series now, as well as getting away from the rather blingy HRs with the HR Special and Customs, and the Ultras are cool; but I think Noodles' and Darren's complaints hold a lot of water. There's a lot of "sameness" here.

#98 ·
Well, I hate that what I say sounds like I come running to their aid, and I'd sure like to see more standard variation in finishes rather than just Black, Cherry and White ... but then I think about Ibanez, and how they make one model, no colour choices or options, take it or leave it. Frankly, I might have had an RG1527 a few years back if it weren't for disliking that blue with a completely unmatched black headstock. I know there were a few Galaxy Black's about but they were hard to find.

#99 ·
EDIT: Did not see this. Do want!

Ultra VI

I love Bass VI instruments, and those Ultras are just cool looking.
Looks like a Hellcat VI with a different body shape. If it's the same as the Hellcat VI, it'll be a killer guitar.

#97 ·
The Ibanez electroacoustic is better than the Schecter, but I know what you mean. I remember when I found an original 2003 catalogue, and got all excited about all these guitars and ideas that no one had done. More seven strings than Ibanez did at the time, countless yummy C and S-series, and yummy basses (and the aforementioned 007).

Honeymoon was kind of over after I started playing them :)lol:) but on paper they looked good.

Doesn't detract from the fact their necks are shit and the guitars, like LTD's and Ibanez these days, lack any of the sort of punch or vibrancy or life that befits their price point.

#105 ·
It's bad for Schecter that I looked at that, saw it was a blue archtop superstrat, and assumed it was an ESP :lol:

#111 ·
Same factory, same routing templates, same everything. The difference is merely the number of knobs you get and the headstock. Body dimensions and materials are identical.

Even the pickup selector and strap buttons are the same.
Dunno if I'd agree with that man. Even at first glance of those two pics I could tell you that the ESP is far more pointy everywhere :D

#113 ·
You can't see that? If you got photoshop, put one over the other. There a lot more different than is obvious at first glance. Schecter is a lot closer to Fender Strat in roundness, and ESP is a lot closer to Ibanez in pointy-ness

#137 · (Edited)
lol Mental finish on that Ibby!

I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works now, and say that it's not just ESP or Schecters that share the same conveyor belt either:

Although it's fair to say, the Vex had more personalisation.

#150 ·
It was just a UJ Petrucci kit that I did a supremely (imo) good job of putting on. Though it took me 3 kits to do it. :lol:

That's Blackie, my old 7620. :( I took the JPM stuff off before I sold it to Ken, then Ken sold it to Leon, Leon put homosexual looking white pickups in it, and sold it to someone else.

:( I really wish I had it back.

#140 ·
I will say this: you know you've made it big when other companies start copying you. :agreed:

Now, I wonder if any of the GCs/Sam Ashes near me will have an Ultra VI?

#168 ·
Oh, I was talking about their Diamond series. No, but I lust after them from afar.

I've always said that their fretwork is consistently top of the heap from the Korean imputs, for what it's worth - easily their top selling point, IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.