Hey guys, I've had this old guitar lying around that I disassembled a few years ago and kind of forgot about. Recently I've really got the uncontrollable urge to swirl something and figure it'll make great practice until I can nab a cheap RG 7 off craigslist.
Here are a few pictures of the body..
I'm thinking of swirling this pink, red and black or just red and black, I haven't been able to find any examples of a pink/red/black swirl...if anybody has pictures of those that'd be great.
I'm not really concerned about fucking this body up too much, but I want to get this done as well as I can so when I swirl whatever RG I pick up I don't screw it up
I've watched a few videos but I have a few questions before I start.
1. Borax...what brand?
2. Do I need to have sanded the clearcoat off after I dip or do I need to go satin ---> dip --->clear?
3. What kind of oil paint should I be using?
4. The only thing you need to do is fill holes with wax from my understanding; is this correct?
5. Dark colours then lights? Or should it be the other way around?
6. What temperature should the water be? I've heard 27 degrees, is this right?
7. How exactly should I go about drying the body off afterwards? I'm thinking of just leaving it with a bunch of fans..but I have a feeling this is a bad idea
Thanks guys, help me not fuck this up too badly
Looks nothing like an RG... But I have wanted to do the same thing just never had the money or knowhow or place to do it