Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NHD (New Hardware Day - Of course!)

Tags
nhd
3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Psyler 
#1 · (Edited)
So you guys remember my cool Jackson right?

Workstation with Nile jacket patch at the ready :lol:

Alright so what are all these shenanigans about?

Motherfucking Germans and their precision packing efficiency

What does it do!?

A tribute to Stitches style of picstory :lol:

Need an R4 not an R2 :pissed:

Okay here's where shit gets messy

Mounting studs = Bastards

Oh well - here's what it will look like (ie. Awesome)

It isn't that bad - I just need to either hammer the anchors in super hard or rout out some of the wood in the anchor housings.

Either way, this fucking tremolo feels like absolute win. Heavy as fuck and feels harder than diamonds or [insert obligatory JJ joke here :lol:]

:metal: Still happy to even own such a fine piece of machinery

See less See more
#7 ·
Totes McGotes. I'd love to buy one of those 9.99 edges off ebay and compare the two. In my humble opinion the Schaller is the best. I dropped the nut before and I'm pretty sure the floor said "...The fuck was that for?!".

#6 ·
Randy.

:lol:

Kidding. It's a Jackson brand trem, I think it's a JT-500. Identical to the schaller except it doesn't say 'made in Germany by Schaller' near the tremolo arm.

#8 ·
with the studs if you bang them in you can split the wood. if they look like they might go in with a bit more force go for it, but if they are really too big for the hole drill it. otherwise you may end up with a large split in the body.

best way to get the studs in is to use a vice - something like a carpenter's clamp with bits of wood on the face to prevent damage to the guitar. more precise than a hammer :)

#9 ·
you can split the wood. if they look like they might go in with a bit more force go for it, but if they are really too big for the hole drill it.
Truth. I made this mistake when I neglected to drill pilot holes for replacement tuners. Now there's a hairline crack between each peghole on the headstock. It was a spare neck, but still. Live and learn, right?

Totes McGotes.
Joben.

#14 ·
I just recently bought one of these in black for my AT, $200.

If you are doing that intensive of an upgrade regmin You must really like that Jackson? You're looking at another $150 to get pickups that don't suck :lol:

BTW, the nut you are looking for is actually an R3. Same footprint as R4 (IIRC) but with narrower spacing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.