Metal Guitarist Forums banner

I honor of thursday, I'm sitting down to practice guitar the way my ancestors did!

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Zero 
#1 ·

Take a guess.

Oh, yes. This is what's happening. Where did I go so wrong in life as to own a holoflash H/S superstrat with a floyd rose? :metal:

Now we have this. an '89 Peavey Triumph 60. Killer little 1x12, 60w from a pair of 6L6s.

Also, we've got one of these.

Yeah. I'm sure you all own this as well.

Let's see how much of it I remember still, having not played along to this album in a long time.

See less See more
#3 ·
The tape deck doesn't run through the graphic EQ, though :(. the receiver doesn't even have a mids slider :agreed:

Ever since I got this pair of Advent loudspeakers, I haven't really had to do much EQing on my stereo to make it sound right. The woofer drivers are only 8", so they're a bit lacking in the bass, but they're crystal clear, so I just give the low end a little bit of a boost to fatten up bass drums and bass guitars.

#4 ·
Ever since I got this pair of Advent loudspeakers, I haven't really had to do much EQing on my stereo to make it sound right. The woofer drivers are only 8", so they're a bit lacking in the bass, but they're crystal clear, so I just give the low end a little bit of a boost to fatten up bass drums and bass guitars.
8" drivers are generally capable of ridiculous bass in the right speakers. :lol:

How's the shradding going?

#6 ·
the goddamn solo in Tornado of Souls... not looking forward to that.

God, I hate Marty.

Really, I can't do any of his solos. I've still got almost all the riffs from side 1 down, though, though I really wish I could do some of the more difficult solos.

well, practice makes perfect. if this method was good enough in the 90's, no reason it shouldn't work now.

#19 ·
They're FANTASTIC. Really, heavy, though. I seem to remember reading that the 12" speaker in them was/is rated for 400w or some such nonsense, which is why the 1x12 combo is north of 60 lbs. I've been considering shelling out for a replacement, but honestly, when I paid $150 for the amp, it's not worth it to me to replace the speaker.

What's wrong with yours? I can't imagine too much, peavey has a habit of overbuilding the shit out of everything.

Also, you owe it to yourself if you get it operational again, to do the diode mod (which removes the limiter on the gain channels) and the EQ mod, which enables all 3 channels of the EQ on all channels, not just the clean channel. You can do both in about 20 minutes, including time spent taking the amp apart and putting it back together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.