Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/22.214.171.1244 Mobile Safari/534.8+)
So I'm just leaving the music store, after my annual visit, and there were two lefty ibanez guitars there (Never thought I'd see the day )
One of them was an RG 350 (370?) Made in Indonesia. Pretty sick looking Mahogany body, pretty shitty everthing else. I was thinking of getting it, and eventually swapping out pretty much everything but the body.
Is there any trem that is a direct swap for the shit on ethat is in it now? Ibanez or FR?
And the neck joint, the AANJ looks a little more narrow than past Ibanez guitars I've owned but it may just be the way they carved the heel on it that is throwing me off. Would aa neck off of a 1570 for example still drop in this guitar?
The other guitar was a used, beat to shit guitar from '03. Rear route, H-S-H, MIJ. That's a 470 right? For some reason I'm thinking they stopped making 470's before '03.
The 470 was only $250, but it was beat to shit, and, while I didn't plug it in, the controls seem to need replacing since the tone knob would crank way past 11 (continuously rotated)
Also: it's nice to know that no matter how much changes in this world, whether it be political, social, or technological, you can always go back to a music store and listen to the familiar sounds of a kid jamming on some AC/DC, and get serviced my a douchebag employee being a douchebag.
• Ibanez Edge into Edge-III cavity: NO
• Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge into Edge-III cavity: NO
• Ibanez Edge-Pro into Edge-III cavity: YES
• Original Floyd Rose into Edge-III cavity: YES
• Schaller Floyd Rose into Edge-III cavity: NO
IBANEZ EDGE/LoPro EDGE cavity:
• Original Floyd Rose into Ibanez Edge/LoPro Edge cavity: YES
• Ibanez Edge-Pro into Ibanez Edge/LoPro Edge cavity: YES
IBANEZ EDGE-PRO/EDGE-PRO II cavity:
• Ibanez Edge into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: NO
• Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: NO
• Original Floyd Rose into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: YES
• Schaller Floyd Rose into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: NO
Original FLOYD ROSE cavity:
• Ibanez Edge into Original Floyd Rose cavity: YES
• Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge into Original Floyd Rose cavity: YES
"The TRS/LoTRS/LoTRS-II cavities are not covered, and ANY Floyd licensed trem (except maybe Kahler Floyds) can be easily installed in those, no work needed."