Proof that Schaller Straplocks > *

   Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 17

Thread: Proof that Schaller Straplocks > *

  1. #1

    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
    ME: Ibanez 540PIIM
    Rig: Peavey 6505

    iTrader: 1 (100%)

    Proof that Schaller Straplocks > *

    Played a gig last night. Kind of a small crowd, so we were all going for it to try and put a bit of energy into the room.

    In the past I have been criticised for being a bit static on stage; once I realised that 98% of the crowd a) can't tell and b) don't care if I hit absolutely every single note perfectly - and the other 2% are guitarists who I couldn't care less about their opinions - I've been throwing myself and my guitar around a lot more and just having fun. Think Dillinger. Jumping off shit, just flailin it around like the thing is on fire.

    Well, it finally caught up with me - we have a beat's rest in one of our songs where we are all silent, and I jumped from the stage down onto the floor with my guitar above my head. On the beat that we start playing again I brought the guitar back down and it didn't stop. It didn't fall or hit anything - I still had my hand on the neck - but I was a bit surprised when the guitar kept going.

    At first I thought the strap pin and threaded the hole, but it turns out that it was much more than that...

    I'd like to point out that I've been using the Schallers since I first started gigging, and that I have never, ever, in six years of playing guitar ever had a strap fall off the guitar, and last night was no exception. The strap is still attached to the strap button!

    "W yn shn y zhī, shn y xng.
    Tiān xi m nng zhī, m nng xng." - Lao Tse - my band.

  2. #2

    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Canadia
    ME: none
    MA: Seagull!
    MB: None.
    Rig: Hd500->V300->Mesa 212

    iTrader: 0

    Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)


  3. #3

    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: San Diego, CA
    ME: Jackson Fusion HH
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Farts
    Rig: POD HD500

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Fucking basswood
    Love Charity Esteem

  4. #4

    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Helsinki, Finland
    ME: Ibanez S540LTD/RG760
    MA: Seagull S6
    Rig: Peavey 6505+

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by jdonegan View Post
    Fucking basswood
    I've had the strap buttons come loose on a mahogany guitar. Happened to my brother's strat too (alder). I haven't had that amount of damage happen, but I haven't swung my guitar around my head either.

  5. #5

    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Lake District, UK
    ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

    iTrader: 11 (100%)

    I had that happen on my old Dean bass, that was mahogany. Unlucky on that one fella!


  6. #6

    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: London ONT
    ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

    iTrader: 1 (100%)

    Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD):

  7. #7

    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Pennsyl-tucky
    ME: 87 Ibanez RG550
    MA: Wasburn D12 6
    Rig: ADA MP1 / Spider II

    iTrader: 0

    oh shit that sucks

  8. #8

    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: washington dc

    iTrader: 0

    happened with a gibson les paul i used to have, then after the show a bunch of people told me they had similar problems with their gibsons...

Similar Threads

  1. Straplocks + Carvin = Let The Guitar Bodies Hit The Floor
    By Chris in forum Guitar: Instrument Discussion
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 11:13 PM
  2. Dimarzio Evolution pair, Schaller 456
    By Max in forum Guitar Parts & Accessories For Sale / Trade / Wanted
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 09:08 PM
  3. No straplocks = RG1527 Refinish
    By Seanbabs in forum Guitar: Tech, Electronics and DIY
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 06:38 PM
  4. FS schaller black straplocks
    By Max in forum Amps & Gear For Sale / Trade / Wanted
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 02:12 AM
  5. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 07:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  Decibel Guitars  NumbSkull Audio Production

VigLink badge