Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NGD!

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

After the journey from hell (never trust a Sat Nav is all I'll say, unless you fancy a 90minute detour), I finally got to where I was picking up my new guitar Saturday. Wasn't quite presented as I expected, missing case, strings so old they're probably alive now and had tuned themselves to "fucktifino" tuning, plus it was absolutely thick with dust. I mean seriously, you couldn't even be bothered to dust it off?

Anyway, underneath it's actually in pretty decent shape for it's age. Small chip on the very edge of the point of the headstock (soon to be sharpied), a couple of tiny weenie dints on the front and some scratches on the back like it's slid down something. Not through the paint thankfully.

Even with the seriously dead strings (even deader than the one's I had on my old Warlock for a year) it plays very nicely. I'd say the neck's a gnat's cock thicker than the Xiphos, but it's a "C" shape instead of a "D". Definitely thinner than other ESP/LTD's 7's and much more Ibanez like.

It's surprised me a lot playwise. I always thought the switch position looked stupid, but actually having some proper play time on this I've become a dab hand at ultra quick position swaps with my pinkie. Definitely faster switching than any other guitar I've owned. The other big surprise is how dark it is. I'd expected an all maple guitar with 81-7's to be an ice pick, but the best way I can describe it for now is like a clearer mahogany. I'll give a proper opinion when it's back from my tech and fully set up with new strings, but A/B-ing it at my mate's Saturday with his DK2 we found his guitar was brighter.

Anyway, crappy iphone pic for now, proper pics when I get it back from the setup.

I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > WALK IN COMA

Here's another pic for good measure

It does look like a great guitar, shame you couldn't stick round long enough for us to have a play on it!

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

ME: Elysian Custom
    Rig: Bias Desktop

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: ESP Surveyor
    Rig: Kemper

Welcome to the darkside, I think I'm an ESP convert now, so happy with the V500 and got something extra special on the way from Japan as well.

Nice guitar, not too sure on the hoodie though!!

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

One thing more playtime will tell is how the middle pickup works as a clean/solo tone, I usually use the neck for that. Might experiment with a 60-7 in there as I've always wanted to try one, or maybe some Blackouts. I might even commit heresy and route it for a neck pickup.

Also, I usually hate tobacco bursts with a degree of hatred I normally reserve for cats and child molesters, but I like this one in person quite a lot.