Agile Info

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Agile Info

Agile Info

I have no experience with agile guitars but they seem like a good option for some nice looking lefty 7 strings.

I hear they are they are relatively good quality for the price, but i have never seen one.

if anyone here has any experience with agile ill take any insight you have as to their quality and if they are a good buy. I am looking at the higher end septors or interceptors with EMG's.

also note its my first 7, and its not like im playing any big shows at the moment. I really only need something that looks awesome, has EMG's, and is well made. im not advanced enough to be hung up on all the minute details, i wouldnt know the difference. Ive played one of slashes original les pauls and it felt the same to me as an epiphone.

ME: Warmoth Warhead
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall ABI, Kubicki
    Rig: Budda SD30

A lot of people here have had bad experiences with them.

I've owned three; one (a first-run Intrepid 8-string) wasn't all that nice, and two were great (Septor 727 with TOM bridge, Argus baritone.)
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

I hear the quality is hit-and-miss. As a wise sage once said, you get what you pay for

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I hear the quality is hit-and-miss. As a wise sage once said, you get what you pay for
    the higher end models listed are the same price as the schecter hellraiser i ordered 6 months ago that does not seem like it will ever exist. a guitar that exists is also a spec i now take to be very important. if you get what you pay for, it is one of the most expensive on the agile list, so maybe that will ensure its a little better.

ME: Sherman Poips
    MA: Martin DXK2
    MB: StringlessRusted Leonbass
    Rig: Mark-V 25 1x12

Schecter Hellraisers don't exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Seanbabs View Post
    Schecter Hellraisers don't exist?
    shecter keeps pushing back the date for their lefty back orders. i ordered it in august, and after they pushed it back 5 different times on me, im ready for them burn and rot in hell while i shop elsewhere.

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

I like my intrepid 828. Its a run from 4 or so years ago, and i think the quality has dipped in the last few years, but I love mine, its a solid guitar.

they have a real good return policy so if something is wrong, no sweat. But go into it realizing that the last few years their QC has been off. But the people who get good guitars get solid guitars and seem happy with them. For us lefties they are a good choice.

ME: KxK Sii-7
    MA: Martin OMC-1E
    MB: Dingwall Combustion
    Rig: Line 6

There are some lefty C-8s, Blackjacks, and Omens on eBay right now. I have an Intrepid 828 and a Special C-8, and while they're somewhat comparable, the Schecter's quality is better overall.

Edit: Oops, you said 7. Still, plenty of lefty Schecter 7s on eBay!