Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Unexpected Glory

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Barron 
#1 · (Edited)
Speaking of ugly girls that are great in bed:

So I had to return my Speedloaded NJ Beast, which had one of the nicest pieces of ebony as the fretboard, due to numerous problems with the setup and Floyd Rose being on backorder for months with string production (Google the pain-in-ass Speedloader saga for more info).

Long story short, Guitar Center made sure I had a suitable replacement since Beasts are no longer made by BC Rich and they should not have let that guitar leave the store in such a condition. I ordered a Kerry King Beast V NT (neck thru) as a replacement, since it had the same specs (except for the pickups and tremolo), even though I heard thousands of people on the internet (the land of expert opinion) bemoan the guitar even though they had never seen or played one in person. I had not either, so when this arrived in teh post yesterday, I wondered what the outcome would be with curious trepidation:

And guess what? It's a badass guitar. Wow. Way exceeded my expectations, and since everyone seems to hate it prejudicially, I will probably not see many other people rocking this on stage.:metal:

The new Kahler is stunningly good as a design. Palm mutes all day, with it's fixed/float design and dives, shimmer, wobble, you name it...it stays in tune. Ten times better than a Floyd, and I loved me some Floyds.:smoking:

The BC Rich Avives were going to be immediately swapped for Hetfields...but wait! They sound great. I am shocked. Epiphone EMGhz suck ass, but these are on par with my old Zakk setup I used to rock, except the neck position is way clearer with more bite than 81s. :agreed:

The fretboard lacks the awesomeness of the original Beast I had, and needs more oil/playtime. The poly finish is also way too thick for my tastes, with the upside being that it is basically scrathproof and looks like a fighter jet. Lots of sparkly sivler up close, but gunmetal/matte from ten feet. Cool.

Pots are top notch and wiring is superb. It's now my main axe and I can let my LPC relax, as I can easily find another one of these and can't really replace the Orville, as they are not made anymore.

Oh yeah, it's the most comfortable V I've ever played seated, and is light /no neck dive on a stap. I score it an 8.5/10.:yesway:

B.C. Rich is so underated right now...good thing too, because I hate following trends and paying too much for good gear as a result. Moral of the story, don't listen to the uninformed opinions of people on the internet! It even looks great in person, though it is hard to photograph well. She is just not that photogenic. :leon:

I dub thee "Stormbringer" after the sword of Elric.:metal:

:smoking:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.