Ooops, NGD!

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Ooops, NGD!

ME: Gibson SG Special
    MA: Yamaha FSX700SC
    Rig: Fender Deluxe VM

Ooops, NGD!

Well, this was unexpected, lol. I've been wanting a more "metal" guitar lately. I have a telecaster and my PRS SE Singlecut, but I've been wanting something with 24 frets, thinner neck, better fret access for playing leads and more nimble licks. I saw online that my GC had a used RG321 for sale, so I thought I'd check it out, not really expecting to like it. I generally don't like Ibanez, especially the cheaper ones. But wow! This thing's body is beat up, the hardware was all pitted and beat up, but the fretwork was incredible, and the frets in excellent condition to boot. I've honestly played guitars that cost well over a grand with much worse fretwork than this guy. I couldn't put the thing down, so I bought it
    It's exactly what I was looking for, and for $149 I think it was a steal. Even better, I took it apart when I got home and most of what I thought was pitting and corrosion turned out to just be caked on gunk that polished off easily. I've got some Elixirs on it and have been jamming to Blind Guardian all evening This is the 2005, so it has the Wizard II neck. It's not what I generally prefer for a neck profile, but it fits for what this guitar will be used for.

Sorry for the poor picture quality; it's indoors and my cell phone camera. I wish I would have taken some before photos to show how gross this thing was.

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

Nice! Those are awesome workhorse guitars.

ME: Ibanez RG2228
    MB: Schecter Stiletto Studio
    Rig: Fractal Audio AxeFX II

Those guitars are fantastic, nice score! I really want one myself, but I bought an RG350DX instead (d'oh) when I wanted an Ibby back in '06.
    Ibanez RG2228, RGD2127Z, RGA121 // Fractal Audio AxeFX II // Avatar V30 2x12

ME: Epi MKH LP7
    MA: Hyostar SJ-971
    MB: LTD B-206SM
    Rig: Blackstar HTMetal 100>2x1

The natural mahogany finish I might look for one of these.

Nice! I've got one of these. Best guitar I've played! Granted I haven't played guitars of the same caliber of some of u guys but I've played guitars worth 5x these babies and I always prefer the 321. Perfect fit for me. I have cl/lf combo in mine

ME: Schecter Loomis
    MA: Ibanez classical
    MB: Ibanez SR400QM
    Rig: Fenders

Congrats! Those are nice guitars for the money and REALLY nice for what you paid. I saw one in the shop a few years ago and was interested but was ordering a different RG at the time so couldn't get both. Kinda wish I would have.

ME: SVK Les Paul Custom
    MA: Washburn something
    MB: Charvel 1B
    Rig: Marshall 8100

This is basically what happened to me when I walked into GC and bought my JDR '94. Nice grab man, the mahogany looks like it's good quality.
    Do you know what time it is? It's time to FARK SHEET ARRRRRP!!