I was talking to a friend here and he was wanting me to get a 6 string guitar to match his. He wants to start a band with me and a few other guys. But I am not a 6 string guy. HOW EVER I have been thinking of maybe getting the B. C. Rich Prefect Ten Bich. Buy B.C. Rich Perfect 10 Bich 10-String Electric Guitar | Extended Range Electric Guitars | Musician's Friend
But I have a few questions:
1. Do they make a 12 string set of strings for 12 string guitars?
2. If Not what would the 4 octave strings be?
and 3. Do you guys think this would be a good idea? or should I just try and get a 6 or just tell him that I am going to play my 7 ?
and by the way. I would maybe get this color:
1. Uh yes, there are plenty of 12 string sets for a 12 string guitar.
2. A 10 string is the same thing as a 12 string guitar, minus the octave strings for the Low E & A.
3. A 10 string is just a 6 string w/ double coursed high strings. If you're not into the feel of a 6, this may not be for you. Besides, why do you care what your friend wants you to get? Get what YOU want.