When I saw the new Swan shape from Skervesen, and after being tempted by those horrible people, I had to send my negotiation committee to reach a suitable agreement, which was reached with a minimal amount of pain and only a few fractures (sorry, Maciek - it's Jarek's fault ).
After a bit of brainstorming, we came up with some rather wild specs, which are a wild hybrid of some of my own guitars with the guys at Skervesen adding their own share of wacky ideas. The end result landed a few weeks ago, but that bastard of a volume pot decided to be funny and its replacement delayed the NGD. On to the pics:
Top selection. This will do very nicely!
Let us make a test fit before we continue, shall we?
Boob factor over 9000. Excellent. Now for the rest of the pieces. Enter Skervesen nuttery input 1 - birdseye maple board with ebony fillets:
(someone did ask me if I was playing an 11-string, I kid you not. )
And now for the full monty:
Skervesen nuttery #2: bubinga layer between body and top.
And, as usual, here's the NGD video:
- 8 string (not 11), fanned frets
- scales: 27,1 to 25,4"
- body: ash + bubbinga 3mm layer between body and top
- top: BEWB TOP (some call it spalted walnut... whatever)
- neck: bolt on, 5-piece rosewood + 2 stripes of ebony
- headstock: matching with body top and visible part of neck wood
- fingerboard: bird's eye maple + stripes of ebony
- pickups: set of Bare Knuckle Aftermaths, fanned frets version
- control - single volume pot, pickup selector (middle positiong has pickups in parallel)
- binding: ivoroid
- frets: stainless
- tuners: locking Hipshot
- bridge:ABM single saddles
Hope you guys enjoy!
Very awesome I watched the video first, those ebony fillets in the fretboard threw me for a loop