So I've been planning to buy a seven string guitar in the near future once I sell my current VMNT.
It's going to be my first seven string guitar, so I'm not really experienced on that matter. Though, I've done LOADS of research to find a good guitar (preferably custom made) to satisfy my needs and be in my budget range.
Styles I play:
- tech/prog death (gojira, opeth, the faceless, you know where I'm heading)
Guitar brands I've had in mind:
- Carvin (very nice craftsmanship, seducing finishes, versatile pickups, low prices)
- Strictly 7: got loads of feedback on those, equally negative and positive, so I really don't know what to think about these guys
- KxK: just wow. the stuff I've seen is extremely amazing. though I have no idea what they cost
- Ibanez: my last choice really. I hate "mainstream" brands.
- PRS: the only 7 string is an SE?
My budget: $1500-$1800
Go out to play and test the shit out of a bunch, then you'll see what suits your needs