Finally got my dream axe!

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my dream axe!

ME: Ibanez JS, ESP LTD F
    Rig: Peavey Renown

I've wanted an Ibanez JS for over 20 years. I know a lot of guys talk smack about this guitar on the boards and scoff at it (I've seen some people say it's "not even an entry level guitar," but I'm probably not on the level of most of you and it suits me fine) Stuff kept coming up and I never had the money. (Plus I put the guitar down for 18 years, that took away the priority to get one) Anyway, I finally did some horse trading and got one on ebay for a good price. Had to work til 10pm tonight, and just took delivery right before I went to work, so I had to wait all day to mess with it. Got home, tuned it up, put my custom knobs and such on it, and started playing. I love it. It plays nice, I like the action, and the sound is much more powerful, rich, and strong than my old guitar... plus there's a lot less noise. I guess the good thing is that my old one was so noisy I had to do everything I could to keep it clean, I sound MUCH cleaner on the Ibanez now!
    I'm stoked. I stayed up way too late playing it, and also typing this, but I'm excited.
    Anyway, I've got my girls for spring break from Saturday through next weekend, so I probably won't have time, but later I'll shoot some stills of the guitar and post here. Photography is part of what I do professionally, so some quick snapshots aren't going to cut it!
    What I want most from my government is to be left alone.

ME: Epi MKH LP7
    MA: Hyostar SJ-971
    MB: LTD B-206SM
    Rig: Blackstar HTMetal 100>2x1

But congrats man.

ME: Ibanez S540LTD/RG760
    MA: Seagull S6
    Rig: Peavey 6505+

Congrats! I really like the JS series. My brother had a Ibanez JS1000. It was a great guitar, and the burnt transparent blue finish was beautiful.

and of course

ME: JS2000/Warmoth
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SRC6
    Rig: Mesa ROV25+V:25+Mesa Cab

Nice, which model is it? JS series are great guitars. I've had my JS2000 for about 11 years now, and it's still my favorite.
    Disclaimer: I work ultra part-time for a local music gear dealer

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

I'm a huge Satriani fan myself, and he and I have very similar taste in guitars. I've never owned a JS, but I've always loved them. Cool guitars.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Ibanez Rga420z
    Rig: Peavey 6505+ head

Ive always liked those guitars.
    I got the oportunity to play a js1000 a couple of times, and besides the awesome instrument that the guitar is, that is one gorgeous guitar, specially in that metallic black/dark grey.

ME: Kramer Proaxe
    MB: Ibanez SR605
    Rig: Mark V/5153

Grats man it's a great feeling when you get something that you really like. I'm glade your happy

ME: Ibanez JBM100

One of the best guitars I've ever played was a JS1000. I went back to the store 3 times in a week to just noodle around on it.