Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NAGD: What to do when your wife abandons you LOL

ME: PRS / Gibson
    MA: Yamaha
    MB: Jazz 6-string
    Rig: EVH 5150iii 50w

NAGD: What to do when your wife abandons you LOL

So it goes like this....
    About 2 months ago, I bought a Taylor acoustic guitar. Pricey, but very nice.
    I returned it a month later & bought a Variax JTV89. Since I was laid off from my job on my birthday (Jan 18th) after 9 years, I really needed a utilitarian guitar that provided a bunch of acoustics & tuning options. I figured the Variax would work out well because I could use my Pod HD Pro with it & I wouldn't have to buy a pile of various guitars for the gigs I have coming up.

Unfortunately, the wife calls me from LA (where she's been for the last 2 months) last week & informs me that she's abandoning our 10 year marriage & her entire life in Seattle for good. Gee, thanks, you fucking heartless, selfish bitch. So much for being a devoted, faithful, supportive loving husband. And of course, she leaves me all the bills as well because her decision to go there left her financially broke. Smart. Real smart.

So....since my expenses just went up, I returned the Variax to recoup some cash for bills & got me a cheap acoustic. I didn't think I'd find anything as nice as the Taylor in my price range, but I found something pretty damn close. I ended up with the Yamaha FSX700SC. She played pretty nice at the store, but after giving her a minor setup & a fresh set of Elixirs, she really opened up. Sounds & feels great! It's awesome for a cheap investment (the guitar streets at only $299). I tried more expensive guitars, but this one just feels right. Easy to play & really nice tone.

I still have my 1st guitar that I got in 1984. It's a Yamaha EF-15. I've played the hell out of it & 29 years later, it's still a workhorse. It's no surprise that I got another Yamaha. Great acoustic axes.

Anyway, here she is & again, a nice big fuck you to the soon to be ex-wife.

Specs: FSX700SC - FGX/FJX/FSX Series - Acoustic Electrics Guitars - Guitars & Basses - Musical Instruments - Products - Yamaha United States

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

Very nice! Yamaha acoustics are killer bang-for-the-buck. My older brother has one that he got about 20+ years ago, and it sounds phenomenal, and just gets better with age.

I've never been an acoustic guitar fan, or even owned one for that matter, but all of the Yamahas I've picked up were really good bang for the buck.

Edit: my bang for the buck got sniped!

ME: Strypoverse
    MA: Ovation Electric
    Rig: Axe-FX II

Dude that sucks. Seems like it's been your turn in the barrel this year. At least you got another sweet guitar.
    Let not the dixie cup mislead you!

ME: Agile Hawker 727
    Rig: read my signature

Nice acquistion, sir.

+1 to the "fuck you" to the ex-wife.
    Vice President of the Reverse Headstock Lover's Club

Agile Hawker 727>Line 6 XDS95>Line 6 POD X3 Pro>Matrix GT800FX>Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

ME: PRS / Gibson
    MA: Yamaha
    MB: Jazz 6-string
    Rig: EVH 5150iii 50w

Well, the flip side on the wife situation is that since she abandoned our home, her stuff is now my stuff. Thank you community property laws! In WA, nothing can leave the house the marriage took place in. I have to agree to let her take stuff out of this house. If we can't agree on certain items, it has to stay in this house until a judge can decide. Since she's broke, she can't afford an attorney or legal battle. Not to mention, she can't afford to move shit to LA. I told her she needs to think about whatever she can carry on a plane or Fedex to LA, on her dime, of course.

I've already taken her off our house lease (she knows this) & I'm rekeying the locks this week. I'm filing the divorce papers. There's one county in WA were you can file "no dispute" quick dissolutions of marriage without court hearings, so I'm doing that. The quicker, the better. She was suppose to be calling me before she left yesterday with her band to tour internationally. I was giving her the opportunity to tell me what she wants. But, no phone call. I have a feeling a lot of her shit is going up for sale to cover the bills she left & to pad my account. Serves her right.

ME: EBMM JP7
    MB: Ibanez SDGR 705
    Rig: Axe Fx II

Stage 3

Don't worry about people talking behind your back, it just means you're one step ahead and they're in perfect position to kiss your ass!