So, some time ago, Tom Drinkwater and I were discussing ERG's, uncommon specs and the like, and the idea popped up: how about having an OAF built to my specs? When Tom showed me the shapes he was working on, the singlecut stood out and we were off.
...almost. That shape and its offset nature gave me an idea, namely that of marrying modern specs and semi-hollow construction (a grave gap in my ERG pool) AND my favourite "guitar that got away": the '71 Competiton Mustang in blue. Without further ado, here is the end result:
With an old acquaintance of SSO's, the General Lee from Equilibrium Guitars.
Another shot with the General Lee
Aiden posing with it. Notice the left hand - he's clearly playing Bleed.
And here's the usual vid. I didn't get this guitar to chug a lot with, to be honest, but she can certainly get the job done!
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggaP917uLFE]Fred Brum - Transcendence - Oakland Axe Factory 8 - YouTube[/VIDEO]
And here are the specs on this baby:
- semi hollow swamp ash offset single cut body
- bolt on bubinga neck with flamed hard maple fretboard (birdseye figure)
- 27-25 multiscale with a perpendicular 10th fret
- 5+3 headstock, Hipshot tuners
- vol/tone/3 way switch - coil taps on both pots
- competition blue with pearl white racing stripe
- pearloid pickguard
- Aluma X neck / Death Bar bridge pickups
Hope you guys enjoy!