NGD 4+ years of waiting

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NGD 4+ years of waiting

ME: Interceptor Pro 828
    Rig: Kemper Power Rack

NGD 4+ years of waiting

So a very long time before I even played guitar (played a bit of bass) I discovered the esp f series shape which a mate of mine had, I hated it. Then it grew on me as a much more metal version of a super strat. From there on in I had to get one.

Fast forward through playing in bands and playing 7-8 string guitars. This changed to a 7 or 8 string f series. The only f series with 7 strings was the out of production F-207. So I looked endlessly on eBay, gumtree and pawn shops over the years. Stuh88 found one in a cash converted near his place about a year ago for a whooping 400+ with rusted trem, knackered strings and in shoddy condition. Which I wasn't paying for. So still hunting for one led me to ones at the other end of the country and usually sold by the time I found it.

Then the other night I found one for sale in Nottingham for 230, with the bridge replaced with a BKP nailbomb and a hard case. So despite the fact I'm ment to be saving I had to buy it.

It was in good nick, and owned by a 17 year lad who had been playing 2 years and his parents had bought him 14+ guitars which they were now building him a shed to fit them all in.

When I got it back home I opened it up to see the horrendous soldering job (mainly duct tape) of the replacement BKP. So a guick soldering job, new strap, 1 hour of cleaning teenage sweat off the fretboard and 10 mins sanding the sticky dried on sweat on the back of the neck. Then I blocked off the trem, floyd 7 string trems with my 62-10 strings just doesn't work (IMO), the trem stays in tune but, is too stiff to move, or is out of tune.

So I finished it about 20 mins before my gig that day, so I decided to break her in the hard way. Feels really balanced, comfortable, sounds great and looks great. Can't ask for more for the price:

Thinking about getting a replacement neck pickup and using some green bobbin toppers to make it green and black zebra!

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

Badass Perfect candidate for soapbar BKP's, since I know you don't like EMG's In the mean time, I could send you an EMG 7 sized cover to use in the bridge?

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

Wirelessly posted ()

Nice score

WTB that kid's parents.

ME: Interceptor Pro 828
    Rig: Kemper Power Rack

Thinking zebra green pickups. It will be hot and GREEN! However, I hadn't thought of covers.

ME: Jackson Rhoads
    MB: Cheapo PJ
    Rig: Randall RG75G2

Nice man, I really dig the F series shape too. One can never have too many points on a guitar.
    1. You can't win, you can only break even
    2. You can't break even

ME: RG550
    MB: EXB445
    Rig: 5153/Orange

Sweet-ass. I used to own a dark green metallic one. Still would like to find another and fix it up

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

I'll confess, I'm Mr. Not Metal Body Shape Guitar around here, but the F-series has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, especially as a 7.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: PRS Custom 24
    Rig: Kemper►KRK's

Awesome, great score, especially for the price!

P.S. I want that 17 year old lad's parents