Ibanez M80M

Tags
ibanez m80m
13K views 54 replies 28 participants last post by  MF_Kitten 
#1 ·
Hoax? Who knows.

See less See more
#4 ·
MIK I'd assume? A $1999 list would probably be what, street of $1400 or so? That's not too bad for a well made 8 with a non-EMG pickup. Though, speaking of pickups, that looks AWFULLY close to the bridge.

#8 ·
:lol:

I can't believe there's a market for this. What are those, 30.2" scale length?

Until I hear a top 40 hit made with an extended-scale 8-string, I can't believe they'll sell more than a couple hundred of something like this, especially at that price point.
29.4". Even selling a couple of hundred, they're not gonna do anything that isn't gonna at least make them break even are they? Most people have complained the M8M was RIDICULOUSLY expensive, although they all wanted one, and they've given people what they want. If you're talking about things they likely won't sell more than a hundred of, the TAM100 comes to mind.

#12 ·
Wonder what the grand total is on m8m sales.. I'm guessing it's enough to warrant an affordable model. There must have been some major restructuring within ibby's ranks for their erg lineup to explode within the last two years. Would be great if they got over their aversion to offering more neck through models..
:yesway:

#16 ·
Carvin doesn't have 29.4 inch scale nor do they make a Meshuggah signature for fanbois. (I've got both a Carvin DC800 at my place and a 30 inch scale 8 - they are radically different) They only have the namby-pamby 27 inch scale to. And they've got this weird "Carvin" logo where there should be an "Ibanez" logo. There's that pesky hole in front of the fretboard where the neck pickup is too.

It's the little things.

#17 ·
Word. I dig the dc800 and called up carvin before picking up an m8m. The single pup and blank control layout weren't a problem. Scale length wasn't a deal breaker for me either, but adding an ofr8 presented some issues. They did say the demand was high, though obviously they're still dragging their feet..

#33 ·
Ok gang....the cat was let out of the bag I see. We've been sitting on this for months, and after long last you finally got what you've been wanting, an affordable Meshuggah sig. :)

Yes it does really exist, and I've personally inspected these (there were two protos) when they first came in, and they are really good instruments that should cater to those wanting the Mesh signature 29.4 scale with a Lundgren as standard at a lower price point.

I predict these will do very well - there's nothing stopping those wanting an Mesh sig now. Available very shortly :metal:

Here's one pic, and you can check out the rest here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.