Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NGD: RG620QM

Tags
ngd rg620qm
4K views 47 replies 30 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
I bought this today on a bit of a whim. It was an absolute steal; £230 with HSC and a gigbag (I let the dude keep the gigbag, that's just the kind of generous prick I am). I've wanted a 6 string for a little while now, and I've also wanted something with those stock V7 and V8 pickups. This really fit the bill, and the offer was too good to pass, so I picked it up.

It needed a set-up and a clean, and the strings were ancient, but I played a bit with it for a while, anyway. Shot this video of a track I'm learning at the moment. I was terrified the trem abuse in the solo would snap the grimy strings , but they stayed true. \m/

I don't like the selector switch. It's a bit difficult to operate on the fly, a bit stiff (eurgh), but I don't ever really use a neck pickup, so I guess I can live with it. I do like its location, though. More out the way when it's in the neck position.

It's a Japanese RG with one of their better trems from the end of their great bang for buck days. There's nothing to dislike. :yesway:

See less See more
1 12
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.