Metal Guitarist Forums banner

The Zimmer's Hole album doesn't get mentioned enough

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
This whole disc RIPS. Heavy as hell, hilarity all over the place, pretty great mix and never takes itself too seriously.

How great of a song title is this? :metal:

And of course, this:

#2 ·
I didn't know you liked this album, I listen to this all the time. Those are the two best tracks on it too.

Seriously, everything else on the album besides these two and the title track is kind of lackluster in comparison, Fista Corps is fun, but those two tracks are like if Manowar played modern Extreme Metal. Still, three awesome songs and a bunch of OK ones is better odds than you get on most DT solo albums. So still the best thing to come from ex Strapping dudes.

The only band that does the non serious face raping metal thing better is Monolith Deathcult. Though I don't know if you like death vocals. Monolith Deathcult is more crushing than most "serious" metal, their track about Transformers was the heaviest song released last year.

#4 ·
I didn't know you liked this album, I listen to this all the time. Those are the two best tracks on it too.

Seriously, everything else on the album besides these two and the title track is kind of lackluster in comparison,
Devil's Mouth is fucking awesome. I couldn't find a youtube video for it, but that opening scream is RIDICULOUS. :metal:

#3 ·
Seriously, everything else on the album besides these two and the title track is kind of lackluster in comparison
Sadly this. I've listened to the album a few times, usually when going "What IS Jed up to these days?" and then I remember ZH and listen to it, but the one song I find myself listening to most of all from the album is 'We Rule the Fucking Land'

#5 ·
Pretty much anything Devin Townsend sings is fucking ridiculous. :lol:

Not to briefly go off-topic, but the vocal harmonies on the chorus of this are absolutely hair-raising; three or four part harmonies with soft, kind of breathy vocals, on the third line of of them strengthens and jumps up an octave, and on the fourth it turns into a full-on growl, with the soft harmonies still sitting on top of it. It's fucking scary, especially at the end when he really starts upping the intensity.

...at about 2:12, and then 4:15 for kicks when he really gets warmed up.

I'll pretty much listen to anything Devin has a hand in. I fucking love the guy's singing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.