Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: NGD

I saw this guitar and another one at the store that were used and I was playing them both and trying to identify the one I liked best. I had actually thought I was going to get the other one but went with this deal instead.

What's in the case?

Since this was used I'm not sure if this is how it comes but the volume knob can be extended and changes the humbuckers into singles. I'm thinking that isn't how it normally is because in the case was another volume switch attachment.

The pickups sound good but I am not sure if they are the ones that were installed when the guitar was made.

My choice was between this guitar and an LTD 100MQ something with a fixed bridge that played really nicely and had some modifications made to it, but I picked this guitar because it was different from my others since I already have a few 24 fret metal style guitars and this gives me some diversity.

THat's my first maple neck and fingerboard.

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

These were really good guitars for the money. I wouldn't be surprised if those are aftermarket pickups. Usually cheap imports don't come with 4-conductor wiring which would allow splitting. The "volume knob that can be extended" is called a push-pull pot.

ME: Warmoth Warhead
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall ABI, Kubicki
    Rig: Budda SD30

I really like the neck profile on those.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: SE Singlecut
    Rig: Blues Jr

I remember looking at those in magazines when I was younger and just thinking at the time that they were knock-offs. I really wish I'd grabbed one now that I know how decent they are. Great score.

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

Awesome score, dude. Cover of this on it, please:

[VIDEO]]PAGAN'S MIND - Enigmatic Mission (Official) - YouTube[/VIDEO]

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: USA Jazz Special
    Rig: ENGL

Don't scratch it up with your iron fists.
    The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No. ― Alan Moore

ME: PRS Custom 24
    Rig: Kemper►KRK's

I had a grey one of those back in the day and thought it was awesome. It cost me next to nothing but it played and sounded great. One of the best little guitars I've had actually for the money.