EDIT: No ESP M-II please, I just sold mine.
Hey, if anyone here likes to suggest guitars, now's the time!
I'm pretty stuck on Ibanez Prestiges because of the neck and I already have two of those and I absolutely love them. I'm just looking for a possible other choice of high-end metal guitar.
I play Death Metal (90's style) and Hardcore Metal (90's style as well) and I'm not looking for anything too fancy looking, but Neck Binding and non-"standard dot" inlays is a plus.
Needs to have:
- RG super-strat-like body shape, fat body but pointyness is preferred on the lower horn
- Metal Headstock (pointy in some ways, NOT Suhr or PRS style), Reversed is a must
- Reliable Perfect "Return To Pitch" Floating Trem that can Flutter (OFR or Gotoh or Edge)
- Non-Maple fretboard (anything but maple)
- At least one Bridge Humbucker (don't carre much about the other pickups)
- Very Agressive tone wood(s) combination, no matter what wood it is I want highest sound quality out of it
- Thin D neck profile (think Ibanez Prestige necks or similar)
- Bolt-On maple neck preferred, 5-pieces necks preferred
- Jumbo Frets
Any guitar geeks out there? Please don't hesitate post links and pics. I know a few brands/models from looking on the internet but I'd rather have straight opinions. I'm looking at all of you