NGD: Pacifica 721

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NGD: Pacifica 721

ME: Ibanez JBM100

NGD: Pacifica 721

Hey guys - i snagged this off Ebay a while ago for 75 bucks. It didn't have the trem, but it had every other piece of hardware. Wanted something that didn't look like a total superstrat but was one anyways. It's on par with the 20 year old Yamaha i've had and plays fantastic.

I swapped out the bridge studs and dropped a Suhr Aldrich in the bridge and a Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell in the neck. I haven't gotten around to wiring it, but the old volume locaiton will be the new 3 way location.

I had an old Ibanez Edge around and reembered that I could put it in there. It hits a few spots so ill have to route the cavity a bit larger.

I love the nut on this thing - it's a height adjustable locking nut. You can fine tune the most insane action with these things. I couldn't hear a difference with the nut all the way down and contacting the neck and all the way up not touching it at all.

I think the body is alder on these - can't remember off the top of my head. The neck on it is insane! It's 16.5 mm thick! It's also attached to a metal plate that goes all the way under the neck humbucker. The heel is non-existent.

before assembly

neck plate

crazy cutaway

height adjustable nut

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

That's a steal for $75. Looks crazy awesome.

ME: Warmoth Warhead
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall ABI, Kubicki
    Rig: Budda SD30

Yamaha always has the coolest hardware and construction ideas, that go almost completely unnoticed, in incredibly affordable guitars.

Also, I approve of your pickup choice
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

I always thought those were cool guitars, and the features were awesome, but the necks never worked for me. Cool score, though, and you should enjoy it.

ME: Caparisons
    MA: Takamine PTU220 Custom
    MB: Ibanez ATK300
    Rig: Bogner Ecstasy 101A/B

That is cool. Love the nut, too bad other companies don't do the same thing.

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

Never seen some of those features before. They're very cool. And you've turned it into a badass guitar with those extras. Nice!

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Yamaha is seriously badass. Can't stress that enough.

I had a RGX 610m that I got for dirt cheap that kicked ass. I got it for like $200 and it was easily on par with all the Ibanezes you guys rave about. The stock trem wasn't as good as an Edge, but the rest of the build quality was better. Taiwan too. Yamaha has been a manufacturing giant for long enough that country of origin doesn't even matter. Everything across the board is solid as fuck.

The downside is that for all the weird proprietary parts, if there is a bit missing when you buy it, you are fucked, because they are near impossible to replace. Yamahas have innovative as fuck features though. Mine had a wicked jack recess, a trem with a fucking built in blocking function, and a blower switch stock. As well as the crazy height adjustable nut.

ME: Blackjack C7
    MB: Yamaha TRB6
    Rig: GK MB500

I ALMOST bought one of these down here. Saw it pop up on GC in Seattle for like... 180$.. But it had a cracked headstock and the repair was REALLY flimsy. I REALLY wanted that guitar...
    I play bass in a band called Weaponlord.

I also play bass in a band called Northern Crown.

I used to play bass in a band called Faethom.