NGD: Aristides 060 Strat (Light Blue Pearl)

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NGD: Aristides 060 Strat (Light Blue Pearl)

NGD: Aristides 060 Strat (Light Blue Pearl)

Hey guys,
    Just picked up an Aristides 060 Strat in Light Blue Pearl.

I'm on a big Strat kick as of late, and as much as I love my '59 American Strat, I was thinking it would be cool to get myself something that is philosophically opposite to that guitar.

This guitar doesn't have any wood on it at all. As with all of Aristides' Instruments, the body and neck are made of Arium and even the fretboard on this one is made of Richlite. Richlite doesn't look or feel dissimilar from wood, and this particular board has this aged maple look to it, but it has the advantage of not expanding and contracting with weather and humidity changes. I'd say that for me personally, the feel of a good ebony board is still my personal favorite, but this is a cool and very useful technology that is right as home on a space-age instrument such as this!

The guitar has 24 stainless steel frets, and a relatively flat fretboard (12-16" compound radius) so it plays very smooth and fast, and the Hipshot contour bridge is probably the most comfortable strat bridge I have played thus far. The neck also features Luminlay side dots, which I am a big fan of. It also has Hipshot locking tuners.

The only aspect that this guitar shares with my Strat is the Bare Knuckle Pickups set (Trilogy Suite bridge, Mother's Milk neck and middle).

To sum it up, it plays like a fast and modern guitar, with all the appointments I would expect of a high end guitar built in 2015, but it sounds like a strat. Putting it up against my '59 Strat it has a slightly different character, a bit darker but a bit fuller at the bridge. The neck and middle have different characters based off of position alone, but they are still sufficiently "Stratty" and the split positions sound absolutely wonderful as a result. I'm very glad to have this guitar in my collection, and it will definitely find a lot of use on future recordings.

Anyways here are pics:

If you want to hear it in action, I used this guitar on these two videos:

ME: Aristides 070
    MB: Schecter Diamond Bass
    Rig: Fractal Axe FX II

Congrats Misha! To embed just use the film strip icon on the icon row and paste the whole youtube link from the URL bar, not the share bar.

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: USA Jazz Special
    Rig: ENGL

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No. ― Alan Moore

ME: Ibanez SZ1220
    MA: Faith Venus
    MB: LTD J-205
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

That thing is sweet! I swore the fretboard was maple until you said otherwise. Very convincing.

As for the youtube link. Use "video" instead of youtubevid, and copy the entire link from the url bar. It's different here and on the SS boards.
    Last edited by pkvin; 08-08-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Thanks guys, fixed!

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

I still haven't had the chance to try an Aristides, but they're one company that's doing really exciting and innovative things.

ME: '92 RG470
    MA: Brandless
    Rig: Blackstar HT-5

That looks really pretty; I feel very guilty for saying that though, staunch traditionalist that I am.
    That probably won't stop me from lusting after one though...