Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NRLBD - Barrington RG 833

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Rocka_Rollas 
#1 ·
NRLBD stands for "New relocated bridge day" :flex:

Because this fucker had the bridge too far back and I couldn't intonate the damn A-string with my regular 010-046 strings.

Half-decently playing some harmonies on top of the solo on Grave Diggers "Ride On" !!!!! :idea:

I also put on a new Gotoh Floyd in gold, because I thought that looked better than the stock black one. My plan is to change all hardware to gold some day.

However, I can't get the fucking guitar to stay in tune perfectly. I will give the springs a few days to "sit in" but it's annoying as fuck!!!

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
By the way, if you remember my thread about the shitty refret by that luthier, he redid it, and it's "fine", but it's still not the best. Also he left it completely unintonated when I got it back, which is annoying because that should be in the price.

Anyway, I went to another luthier for the bridge relocation (with both the Barrington AND the Manowarcaster), and he did a very fine job, seems like a very great guy too. So I will use that other guy for things I dont wanna do myself in the future.

#4 ·
I guess I should learn to have some patience... That's the same advice my girlfriend gave me as well, because I was so upset about both Barry and Manowarcaster going out of tune... But she remembers the last few times I've put a new bridge on a guitar and it always turns out good in the end... I think my girlfriend knows more about my guitars than I do, poor woman :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.