Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Late NGD Parker DF824 - Maxx Parker

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Reverend 7 Strings of Hate 
#1 ·
Finally got around to grabbing a few pics of this. Got it about a month or 2 ago. Its a brand new 2013 DF824. The full carbon real deal Maxxfly. I named it Maxxwell Parker lol.
I just cant say enough about this guitar. Its again, Parker perfect. Weighs 5lbs, and plays better than any other guitar I'v played besides its equivalent fly models. Alder body, basswood neck, tobacco burst. Its got a SH-14 in the bridge, its a Duncan Custom with an alnico magnet I believe. The singles are SSL's I believe. I'm used to ceramic mag's, so the thickness I'm getting with the alnicos is really a welcome change. These pups skew toward lower output vintage, but they do my dissonant metal thing really well.

Recording in conjunction with my 96' Fly Deluxe(named Mitchell Parker lol) sounds great. They definately have complimentry pickup sets with Mitch having ceramic Tone Zone/Air Norton based pickups.One of the great things is that it really pulls off the strat sound very nicely as well, more so than my Standard Strat even.

Anyway, on to the pics.

Heres the grusome twosome, Mitch and Maxx

And here is a family shot(minus my strat)

See less See more
#3 ·
Absolutely. The Fly is actually kind of uncomfortable for me to the point that I moved the strap button a little to shift the guitar slightly and make the horn not poke me in the chest. Its totally playable, but a little uncomfortable at times. I play my guitars up in my armpit because I mostly play tech death stuff which is why I'm more prone to get poked, but since it plays like a instrument from the gods, I keep the Fly.

The Maxxfly fixes the horn issue completely. Its undoubtedly the best functioning guitar design ever IMO. Bar non. A bold statement I know, but I am serious as a heart attack. The Fly is litterally the perfect guitar IMO other than the horn, and since the Maxxfly fixes that, its just the perfect guitar. Coincidentally, I also think its one of the most beautiful designs out there, but there are too many designs that are just as beautiful to me that I cant name just 1 design as my favorite aesthetically.

#11 ·
Jesus :lol:

I was meaning more to construction. Yea, obviously the HS and color are different, but it has no effect on sound.

And yea, the DF824 is 22 frets, but you can get a DF842 that has 24 frets. I kinda would have prefered an 842 and thats what I had originally ordered before Parker canceled on me in the 11th hour, but I'm into the SSH too. At that point, Parker was folding, and I just scrambled to get damn near any 824 or 842 that was new and this was the only one I could find that wasnt like lime green or something.

#12 ·
Jesus :lol:

I was meaning more to construction. Yea, obviously the HS and color are different, but it has no effect on sound.

And yea, the DF824 is 22 frets, but you can get a DF842 that has 24 frets. I kinda would have prefered an 842 and thats what I had originally ordered before Parker canceled on me in the 11th hour, but I'm into the SSH too. At that point, Parker was folding, and I just scrambled to get damn near any 824 or 842 that was new and this was the only one I could find that wasnt like lime green or something.
This is MG.org. Did you think we weren't going to be pedantic? :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.