Metal Guitarist Forums banner

good guitar shops in nyc?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Open lane 
#1 ·
Howdy folks,

visiting New York in a few weeks and wondered if there were any interesting or good guitar shops worth visiting you know of?

Cheerio

#2 ·
Rudy's in Soho, Sam Ash on 34th Street, 30th Street Guitars, Ludlow Guitars, and there's one in the 20s somewhere I can't remember that had a good selection. Framus/Warwick also have a custom shop in the East Village, a few blocks north of Rivington Guitars and Ludlow Guitars.

#3 ·
I like rudy's and i frequently visit sam ash because it's on the way to the megabus stop. The sam ash has a cool room filled with sweet guitars. Really worth while, if you want to see some high end stuff.

Just a heads up - i heard that the guitar center near times square is average at best and avoidable.

#5 ·
The Guitar Center is actually well above average. Solid selection and the "expensive room" has some great stuff. Bass is horribly underrepresented though.

That said, it's in Times Square, which normal people avoid like the plague.

#6 ·
GC on 14th is lame for the most part, but decent if you need "bits", like strings and straps and cables and such. Chelsea guitars on 23rd St near the Chelsea hotel is usually worth a stop, though they don't have new stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.