Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ME: Agile Intrepid 727
    MB: American Jazz Deluxe
    Rig: Pod HD Pro

I've had my eyes on this thing for a while now, since whenever the first time I saw it online was. The specs seemed tailor-made for me which--oddly enough, considering I like things pretty simple--is not actually all that common. Usually I'll either find the perfect configuration but with a maple or rosewood neck, or shitty annoying inlays, or it only comes with a floating bridge, etc etc etc. This one, however, is like ibanez read my mind and built me an axe.

So last night we headed to the mall to check out a new location that the local guitar shop opened up (pretty big deal...makes like 3 shops I know of in all of kuwait, one of which is worse than useless, like shopping at best buy). They had this hanging on the wall and it was an instant 'fuck yes' moment when I got it plugged in. Walked away and had dinner, was going to let it go due to finances & shit...wife told me to go buy it

I know iron labels get a bit of a bad rap overall, but this one really is great. It could use some fret work, its definitely got a bit of sharp fret-end syndrome across the board, although some of that may be due to the climate over here. I haven't found any flaws in the finish, the hardware leaves nothing to complain about. Set-up out of the box was pretty good although I did lower the action a bit. The dimarzio's they put in it seem pretty good. I'm still considering swapping my x2n into it, but I would put these pickups into my carvin rather than trash them I think. It DOES seem to have one dead fret...22nd & 23rd fret on the 2nd string ring the same note. Luckily for me...I never run that high up the board

Overall, if you're looking to spend 8-900$ on a new guitar, this IMHO is a great choice.

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

That's great, great looking guitar. Congrats, dude.

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Buttery Biscuit
    Rig: Mesa/Sunn

Man, that looks classy as hell.

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

Damn, that looks fantastic.

ME: Agile Intrepid 727
    MB: American Jazz Deluxe
    Rig: Pod HD Pro

Thanks. I thought I didn't like arch tops, but apparently I do...who knew?

Oh, its a 3-way switch and the mini is a coil split. So you get your usual 3-way selections + bridge inner coil, neck inner coil, & inner/inner combo. I like the setup. Definitely a breath of fresh air coming from my carvin with a 3-way, 4 knobs and 3 toggles

ME: SG / Strat
    Rig: Laney IRT60H, Blues Jr.

That is a beautiful Iron Label. Grats, man. I especially like the bevels around the horns that make them look a bit like blades.
    All I can ask is that I suck a little less each time I pick up my guitar...

ME: Ibanez RGD Prestige
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

That model reminds me a bit of the axe Christian Münzner used in the video for Obscura's Anticosmic Overload, maybe that's just because it's a black RGA Looks great, I've seen them around a lot and they seem to be great geets for the money. Everyone talks about Indos being duds but the recent Iron Label and other Indonez models seem to be doing really well on build quality.
    The above comment may or may not be about Morbid Angel.

ME: Prestige RG2610
    MA: RG550 / RG770DX
    Rig: Randall / Crate

Very nice, the guitarist from another band we play with has that same model but with a slightly more natural finish. I'm not much into the feel of the Indos but I still think they are great instruments.