Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star? M1?

ME: Horizon, Rhoads
    MA: Nameless vagrant nylon
    MB: Ibanez
    Rig: ENGL E650

Star? M1?

Recently been getting rid of all the cheaper guitars I had, and freeing up all that space, I got to thinking either a star (the shape.. Kramer, Charvel etc) or an ESP M1 would be a great final guitar that I ever get for the rest of my life.
    Seems like they are all way rare and over-priced.

I've no specific questions, just holding my hat out for the 2cents of any passers by. Maybe someone has heard something........

ME: Ibanez RGD Prestige
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

If you don't mind putting it together yourself, Warmoth make a star shaped body.
    The above comment may or may not be about Morbid Angel.

Are the results of their products like top tier? I got a bit lost in the specs when last I checked out something on the warmoth site - would hate to get that wrong.
    I've been told that they can get pretty pricey, but that's something you'd weigh up with other options.
    Hoping someone knows about an ESP M1 as well

4. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Warmoth Superstrat

Quote Originally Posted by WithStrengthIBurn View Post
    Are the results of their products like top tier? I got a bit lost in the specs when last I checked out something on the warmoth site - would hate to get that wrong.
    I've been told that they can get pretty pricey, but that's something you'd weigh up with other options.
    Hoping someone knows about an ESP M1 as well
    Warmoth rules!
    I dont think it's pricey. You can get stainless steel frets and not worrying about fretwear for a very long time. It's only a $20 upgrade.

I had an incident with overbeveled fret ends once, but that was 1 out of a total of 6 orders I've made from them. Otherwise, absolutely great.
    The frets are so well-seated you most probably can get super low action out of the box, no leveling or other fretwork needed.

It only gets as expensive as you want it to be; you could depending on the specs you want assemble a complete guitar for $800 or even less if you finish it yourself, and get pickups used etc etc.

However, I noticed you live in New Zealand; then it can get pricey, but I live in Sweden and have ordered lots of parts from Warmoth and my next guitar will probably be a Warmoth again, but I'm leaning towards an Ibanez lately but eh, thats off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    Warmoth rules!
    Oh the irony

Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Oh the irony
    Because of "that"?

I have 3 great Warmoth guitars I use A LOT.

I really appreciate the tip. Looks like you could get some pretty high spec stuff for well under, for example the price of that ESP Roope Latvala sig.
    Only downside is I will have to pester the hell out of someone for specific dimensions and all that.

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy place to look for an ESP M-I? Aside from eBay, I don't really have a clue.

By the way with M-I do you mean the 80s ones, or the recent one with Tune-o-matic bridge? Just wondering