Old vs new guitars in my opinion

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old vs new guitars in my opinion

ME: Warmoth Superstrat

Old vs new guitars in my opinion

Old ones:

Modern ones:

(I dont have anything better to do while waiting for a recording to be exported in Cubase )

2. Thanked by:

Serious question tho: why has the finish options decreased with time?

Modern Ibanez RGs comes in like 1 or max 2 finishes, like the RG655 came in 3 finishes a couple of years ago, and now it's down to 2 only...

Look at the Charvel 475 above; SEVEN OPTIONS!

Well, to be fair Charvel does a have an awesome amount of finish options lately:

But Jackson and Ibanez really sucks in this department. They only have cool colors in their budget sortiment.

You know I'm only ineterested in gloss white guitars, but I'm still thinking about those who wants yellow, pink and green guitars...
    Ibby doesn't do that... Jackson barely... Except their low end, and super high end stuff. In the middle it's black and other boring stuff

ME: Ibanez RGD Prestige
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

I like a few of the Iron Label models but in general, for the pictured guitars, I'd agree with you. However, I don't think there's much point in shunning modern guitars, because a lot of them show serious advancements in construction and hardware. The reason everything looks so different now is the change in what people want. Glam and Heavy Metal were bigger back then, but now that the Djent/tech craze has taken over, that's who they're building for.

Yeah I understand thats the reason why they dont do the crazy fun colors anymore

But better construction and hardware... People still wanna have the old RG550s, right? And the Kramers with the old OFRs?

Nowadays the equivilents have half-decent Korean FRT-2000 and Edge Zero instead of real OFR and Edge Lo-Pro and Edges

The Ibanez RG655 seems like a really good modern guitar for a fair price, it got 5-piece neck and real Edge. I would buy one in an instant if they came in white, but they have reduced the finish options to black (of course) and blue

ME: Ibanez RG2550E
    MB: Spector NS2000Q4
    Rig: Dual Rectifier (Reborn)

Late 80's/early 90's guitars are my absolute favourite The look, the features, the colours... that goes for Jackson/Charvel and Ibanez, can't really speak for much else.
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

ME: Hacked tele and RGs
    MA: Freshman
    Rig: Mesa Mk V:25

Try playing left handed..... You can have any colour you want, as long as it's black

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

Quote Originally Posted by astrocreep View Post
    Try playing left handed..... You can have any colour you want, as long as it's black
    It's karma for learning to play the wrong way round
    I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > SPINE OF GLASS

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    Yeah I understand thats the reason why they dont do the crazy fun colors anymore

But better construction and hardware... People still wanna have the old RG550s, right? And the Kramers with the old OFRs?

Nowadays the equivilents have half-decent Korean FRT-2000 and Edge Zero instead of real OFR and Edge Lo-Pro and Edges

The Ibanez RG655 seems like a really good modern guitar for a fair price, it got 5-piece neck and real Edge. I would buy one in an instant if they came in white, but they have reduced the finish options to black (of course) and blue
    People want late 80's/early 90's guitars because there's a kinda of a Myth and Nostalgia around them. Same way people say the 50's and 60's Fenders and Gibsons were the best ones.

In my case it was because they were the guitars I spend hours watching (and sometimes trying) on Guitar stores without being able to ever afford one, now I can if I want too and be patience to wait for a good deal. I always dreamed of having a JEM and a Satriani guitar the Blue floral is still on my dreams as is a Desert Yellow RG with maple fretboard