So, it’s been a while since I bought myself some guitars. Long story short: sold my old house, bought a new one with the girl, profit was made, guitars were bought.
It’s the first time I own an American made Fender and a Gibson. I’ve had Mexi-Strats and Epiphones in the past… Now it’s time for gentleman’s stuff. And I’m 41, FFS. lol
I'm still in love and prefer reverse headstocks over anything else... But I've been pretty disapointed with what's on the market. I know they’re not that popular here, but I’ve always loved SG’s. To me, SG’s are to rock / metal guitars what Sabbath is for rock / metal bands. I’ve been looking for a “white” (let’s say “cream”) Standard for a looong time. Glad I found one. Love it! 10-52’s on it, Standard E / drop D.
Gibson SG Standard Limited
• Handcrafted in Nashville, TN USA
• Body: Genuine mahogany
• Pickguard: Full-size SG
• Neck: Genuine Mahogany (SG Taper)
• Fingerboard: Baked Maple/Trapezoid Inlays
• Hardware: Chrome ; Vintage tuners
• Electronics: Gibson 490R/498T
• Bridge: Tune-O-Matic with stopbar tailpiece
• Case: Gibson Hardshell Case
Now, another one I’ve been searching for a long time. Absolutely wanted a white one. Found one in a little shop in Minnesota.
Rhapsody Music. They were absolutely great to deal with.
The neck on this thing… Wow. Compound radius… Satin finish… Stellar fretwork.
For those familiar with the Charvel Pro-mod, I’d say the whole guitar is right up there in terms of mojo. Madly in love.
For now, it has a set of 10 – 60’s on it and it’s in C# / drop B.
Jim Root Fender Stratocaster
• Flat white with bright white pick-guard (nitrocellulose lacquer).
• Mahogany body with shaped neck joint for easier access to higher frets.
• Bolt-on, one-piece maple neck/fretboard, C-shape, 12-16" compound radius, 21 jumbo frets, 25.5" scale,
dot markers, satin finish.
• Fixed, string-thru bridge.
• Fender Deluxe sealed locking tuners (black).
• Large '70s style headstock.
• One volume pot.
• Three-way pickup toggle switch.
• EMG 60 (neck) and EMG 81 (bridge).
• Schaller straplock buttons.
• Flight case with strap, Schaller straplocks and extra buttons included.
• Certificate of authenticity
OH, also got me a 6505MH. Absolutely loooove this little beast! Sounds amazing.