NAMM 2017: Ibanez reveals 55 new electric, acoustic and bass guitars - Page 10

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: NAMM 2017: Ibanez reveals 55 new electric, acoustic and bass guitars

ME: Warmoth Superstrat

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Well this one is seriously messing with my GAS and I cant (or I shouldn't..)

Seeing it in a bigger image its even more impressive!!!
    It annoys me that the inlays are not in line between the strings.
    Notice how they get closer to the E string the further up to the head they get.

Compare it to an Jackson JDR-94 for example:

Inlays stays in line between strings all the way

I have had a JDR-94 once (which I added gold Gotoh Floyd and red pickguard on).
    Notice since I changed the nut the inlays are not in line between strings all the way, must be a little winder string spacing on the Gotoh nut.

Doesn't really bother me, although I admit they should all be the same size

That too!

I'm not a super fan of the "side inlays" anyway, seems unnecesarry.

Rather a blank fretboard than that, if possible.

But it does look good on some guitars (like the Jackson)

ME: JS2000/Warmoth
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SRC6
    Rig: Mesa ROV25+Incoming V35

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    My local store does NOT setup guitars when sold.
    Then your local store sucks.
    Disclaimer: I work ultra part-time for a local music gear dealer. And as a male model for banana thongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Never said they were great either...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    My impression is that there is a VAST difference between US stores and the EU ones (maybe UK is more like the US regarding this).

You guys in there are treated like Kings, go to a store try dozens of Guitars or Amps/Pedals etc take them home, dont like it go back and change it or get a Refund. We simply cannot do this in EU or I dont know any place where you can do it easily.

We usually dont have 10 Guitars of the same Model to try and take home the one we liked best usually theres one and no store will order more so we can later pick one, doesn't happen.

You guys have access to cheaper gear (lot cheaper) not to mention the dam specials that run all year long and the ease it is to buy used (like new) gear for less than half price, in here people buy for 1K and then want 950 for it used...

All this to say that Stores are not like you have them there, Im sure some will be different and properly setup a Guitar when you buy it but the vast majority simply put in the Cardboard case or try to sell you a proper expensive Case or Bag and clean the fingerprints and its done.

Its the way it is ... buy more expensive have a lot less options and be happy theres a store near where you live to at least see some stuff live.

Why do you guys think Thomann made all local stores tremble in fear and put a lot of them out of Business?

My impression is that there is a VAST difference between US stores and the EU ones (maybe UK is more like the US regarding this).

You guys in there are treated like Kings, go to a store try dozens of Guitars or Amps/Pedals etc take them home, dont like it go back and change it or get a Refund. We simply cannot do this in EU or I dont know any place where you can do it easily.

We usually dont have 10 Guitars of the same Model to try and take home the one we liked best usually theres one and no store will order more so we can later pick one, doesn't happen.

You guys have access to cheaper gear (lot cheaper) not to mention the dam specials that run all year long and the ease it is to buy used (like new) gear for less than half price, in here people buy for 1K and then want 950 for it used...

All this to say that Stores are not like you have them there, Im sure some will be different and properly setup a Guitar when you buy it but the vast majority simply put in the Cardboard case or try to sell you a proper expensive Case or Bag and clean the fingerprints and its done.

Its the way it is ... buy more expensive have a lot less options and be happy theres a store near where you live to at least see some stuff live.

Why do you guys think Thomann made all local stores tremble in fear and put a lot of them out of Business?

Yeah when I asked the store about the Jackson bass before ordering "what if I dont like it, can I just leave it at the store?" and they said "why wouldn't you buy it?"

And then it arrived with it's issues, and they tried their best to force it upon me, even tho I knew pretty well it was a bad one

With Thomann you dont have to deal with dorky salesmen, and you can return stuff after you've tried it and dont like it.
    Of course, I wouldn't abuse that and order a guitar, record an album over two days, and then return it, but I'm sure it has happened (like I've heard stories about people buying a Kemper, then ordering a lot of different amps, and then return them after profiling )
    But I have returned stuff for good reasons in the past

Everytime I've tried to return stuff in the local store they have been a bit dorky about it (sure, when I returned THREE Laney Ironheart amps that broke in a row, I can understand it but I know how to run an tube amp so it wasn't my fault they broke)

ME: JS2000/Warmoth
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SRC6
    Rig: Mesa ROV25+Incoming V35

Small stores like mine have no choice but to treat people like "kings". We're constantly beaten up by Sweetwater, GC, Amazon, etc. simply because we have to charge tax. So value add-ons, like proper setup with customer's choice of strings, etc are what people keep coming back for.