NAMM 2017: Ibanez reveals 55 new electric, acoustic and bass guitars - Page 5

   Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 133

Thread: NAMM 2017: Ibanez reveals 55 new electric, acoustic and bass guitars

  1. #33


    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Location: South Jersey
    ME: '78 FA-100
    MA: Baby Taylor
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Hartke HyDrive 210/Mk IVa

    iTrader: 1 (100%)

    I would seriously consider a Prestige version of this one:
    Hollow Bodies Artcore - AGS73FM | Ibanez guitars
    "Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer J. Simpson

  2. #34


    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Location: Alpharetta, GA
    ME: LTD Elite ST-1
    Rig: AxeFX II

    iTrader: 0

    So Ibanez is taking a hint from Schecter and putting SS frets and glow-in-the-dark side dots on some of these guitars?

  3. #35


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Somerville, Ma
    ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

    iTrader: 5 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by petarkablam View Post
    It will most definitely have cosmo black hardware, and Rocka won't buy it, because real heavy metal hardware must be heated and sprayed with plastic!
    I don't even know what that means, but you're probably right.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

  4. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #36


    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
    ME: S7420
    MB: 'Ray
    Rig: Ironheart

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I don't even know what that means, but you're probably right.
    Cosmo/Black Nickel = metal plated onto metal with electricity

    Black... hardware = powder coated = plastic dust sprayed on hot metal

  6. #37


    Join Date: Apr 2015
    Location: Sweden
    ME: Warmoth Superstrat

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by edsped View Post
    So Ibanez is taking a hint from Schecter and putting SS frets and glow-in-the-dark side dots on some of these guitars?
    Which Ibby has stainless frets?!

  7. #38


    Join Date: Apr 2015
    Location: Sweden
    ME: Warmoth Superstrat

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Well, what if you hated Floyds and wanted a Tune-O-Matic? And where are the Charvel sunburst finishes? Or, from Ibanez, all the 22 fret RGs?

    Ibanez can't be everything to everyone. Not too many of their guitars are exciting to me, but I already have a pretty killer arsenal. If I desperately needed a new guitar, there are a bunch of Ibanez options that would work pretty well for me (or Charvel, for that matter, since I'm fine with either 22 or 24).

    Basically, you're not going to be happy witht heir lineup until you get a 24 fret RG with a maple fretboard and a white body, and even then you'll probably STILL find some reason to get bent out of shape about it. Let's just call a spade a spade here.
    There, you just said it

    Thing is I only have 22 fret guitars, and sometimes I need those 23-24 for some melodies. Sure I can tune up a guitar but I've never done that, wont do either.
    Better to just have a 24 fret guitar.

    My only 24 fretter is Jackson RR24 and that one is tuned to Eb so I'm not using it very often (most my main projects are in E standard)

    Thing is, Ibanez should just keep making RG750/550s like they were made back in the days. What's in their way?
    They could simply improve them with 5-piece necks, but keep the color options and Edge trems

    Gibson makes Les Pauls and Fender makes Strats/Teles almost like they have always been done, at least closer than anything Ibby makes now thats not very close to RG750/550s

    Charvels models was very similar to what they did in the 80s too, but now they changed the control pattern and people don't like it
    Nobody asked for it
    Last edited by Rocka_Rollas; 01-03-2017 at 09:49 PM.

  8. #39


    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Location: Just outside Boston
    ME: Jackson DXMG
    MA: ibanez
    Rig: Jam Up/Bias

    iTrader: 1 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    There, you just said it

    Thing is I only have 22 fret guitars, and sometimes I need those 23-24 for some melodies. Sure I can tune up a guitar but I've never done that, wont do either.
    Better to just have a 24 fret guitar.

    My only 24 fretter is Jackson RR24 and that one is tuned to Eb so I'm not using it very often (most my main projects are in E standard)

    Thing is, Ibanez should just keep making RG750/550s like they were made back in the days. What's in their way?
    They could simply improve them with 5-piece necks, but keep the color options and Edge trems

    Gibson makes Les Pauls and Fender makes Strats/Teles almost like they have always been done, at least closer than anything Ibby makes now thats not very close to RG750/550s

    Charvels models was very similar to what they did in the 80s too, but now they changed the control pattern and people don't like it
    Nobody asked for it
    Can you please have another "episode" and go the fuck away?
    or get endorsed and get your ibanez the way you and you only want it. but please shut.the.fuck.up about guitars you "would" buy. you aren't buying shit.
    There is no Dana….Only XUL

  9. #40


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Toronto On Canada
    ME: Ibanez JBM100

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Ibanez doesn't make the guitar you're looking for. Buy guitar from a different company.

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody else REALLY UNINTERESTED in acoustic guitars? But likes acoustic suonds?!
    By Rocka_Rollas in forum Guitar: Instrument Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-11-2016, 04:32 AM
  2. Not so NGD: Cordoba C5-CE nylon acoustic/electric
    By jacksonplayer in forum Guitar: Instrument Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 11:21 PM
  3. Acoustic Mic'ing electric guitar?
    By Seanbabs in forum Music: Recording Studio
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 10:00 PM
  4. Acoustic to electric drum conversion
    By 7deadlysins in forum Music: Other Instruments
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 05:36 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 09:00 AM

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  Decibel Guitars  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge