Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Charvel finally releasing a production 7 string

8K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  Jazzhands 
#1 ·
#7 ·
It's the cutaway for the 24-fret neck on the Tele body.

Also, yeah. Give us the San Dimas 7. Seriously, I doubt many people asked for the Tele-7 . . .

#15 · (Edited)
Can I bitch too now? Since everybody else is doing it? :ugh:

I don't mind the 24 frets on this one.
Actually I dont think they look too bad... Not that I would get one (its a 7 string goddamnit, what would I need that for anyway)

Actually what I think could be a win for Charvel is if they had a 24 fret option on their regular San Dimas/So Cals.
With their regular colors. I would probably get me a So Cal if they had 24 frets
They do it on the Guthrie sigs, so I think they should consider making their regular ones with 24 too!!!

Can't they just be making Model 5/6 "Soloists" again? :flex: (preferably with recessed floyds of course)

Wow, way to fucking ignore everyone that liked your brand in the first place. :lol:
Thats my feeling with Ibanez not making candy store color RGs, instead of making "black" and "brown"

#11 ·
FMIC seems to blow it with Charvel every time they step outside the narrow bounds of imitating the original stratheads.

Teles are slightly neck-heavy compared to Strats, so why the hell choose a Tele shape for a 7-string? A 7-string San Dimas is such a natural idea, and no one else really makes one like that right now.

#18 · (Edited)
Jackson is not a body style, not sure what you mean :scratch:

I mean a So-Cal , but 24 frets

I'm not talking Soloist shape, if thats what you mean with "Jackson"

That would be the Charvel Model 5/6 in that case

You know, Jackson also makes "San Dimas" like the Adrian Smith sig, even tho I wonder why it's not a "So-Cal" because it's a pickguard... Or maybe "So Cal" is a new term? And Adrians guitar is originally from the 80s?

#21 ·
Hmmmmmm......:scratch:

looks a bit like my G&L, so I think it's the 24 frets that makes it so bad on the Charvel 7

#25 ·
#33 ·
The whoop whoop = The tremolo/Floyd. ;)

#36 ·
Yeah dude, they been calling the trem a whoop whoop bar as long as I have been around here and I'm pretty sure longer than that.

#38 ·
Ebony fretboard with no inlays = ABSOLUTLY PERFECT.

(Actually I ordered a custom shop guitar a couple of years ago but I cancelled the order once he sent pics because I saw one or two of the frets wasn't perfectly installed.
)

I DO however think the Charvel DK24 looks cool as hell; if it was black pickups, in other words, a totally black guitar without anything standing out, that's not too bad; I actually like the look of completely black-outed guitars... but I wont buy one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.