Got a project in the works. - Page 2

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a project in the works.

ME: Gibson Les Paul Trad
    Rig: Mesa Lone Star Spl

I saw that Stupid Deal - those Tribute models are nice guitars, especially when you find them on a buy like this. Grats on the new fiddle. Looking forward to hearing what you think once you do your mods.

I sold my tele (didn't have it long) a short while ago, and I want it back or want one again. This post makes it worse.

I promised myself, though, that I was going to build a body next time around... so it may be a while.
    Last edited by Assault Bacon; 04-18-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    All I can ask is that I suck a little less each time I pick up my guitar...

ME: Am Std Tele
    Rig: Angry Charlie -> Blues Jr

Excellent. My wife will be glad I didn't know about this deal when it was live.

ME: Washburn N7
    Rig: Peavey 5150

Well it arrived today. It's pretty damn nice for $299. Actually plays and sounds pretty nice. The neck and board feel unfinished and I like that. Neck shape is nice. Weight is nice. Not too heavy, not too light. Only complaints are one little black speck in the finish on top and the frets are unpolished and poorly crowned. Frets ends aren't bad. I'll polish the frets when I do the mods. Probably won't bother crowning them. Other than that build quality seems quite solid. Started getting parts in as well.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Great deal for the money! I've been tempted by a few G&L Tributes over the years.

Well the pickups came in today. That should have been the last of the parts, but I realized last night that the reverb seller I got the Hipshot s from sent a 3x3 set instead of an inline set. Now I have to get that sorted. So far their only response was "send them back and we'll refund you". Not really what I was looking for. Probably would prefer they get me the right part that I ordered.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Well the pickups came in today. That should have been the last of the parts, but I realized last night that the reverb seller I got the Hipshot s from sent a 3x3 set instead of an inline set. Now I have to get that sorted. So far their only response was "send them back and we'll refund you". Not really what I was looking for. Probably would prefer they get me the right part that I ordered.
    F! I had that happen with a wah. I ordered that gaudy Mark Tremonti Patriot wah, and got the black one. Sent it back, got another black one. Shifted from the vendor to the supplier (Morley), they sent me the correct one, and didn't bother sending me a return shipping label for the 2nd black one. So, free wah, but what a pain

Part that pisses me off is they don't care. All they had to do way so oh crap sorry we'll send you a call tag and get you the right tuners, but I get just "send them here for a refund". I asked about a return label and the ignored me all day. Screw it I will keep this set and use it on my SE245 and order a set from another seller. Crazy thing is they have perfect feedback on reverb. Oh wait make that had perfect feedback.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies