Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Seymour Duncan Gus G Blackouts

6K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  Rattlehead 
#1 ·
So.... I play Thrash and Pure (not NU) METAL!!!!

I have an old Washburn Dime332 starfish that I love, but want to beef it up.
Been looking at the SD Gus G blackouts for new pick-ups.

Any thoughts?!?!?!?

#9 ·
You realize that you are jumping between some wildly different pick-ups.

The Gus G. set has just come out - doubt you're going to find very many people that have real world experience with them.

The S/D distortion is a very good pick-up for metal - I count it as one of my favorites however I have no experience with the BKP's and there are tons of fans of their various models on this forum.

You might want to try and narrow down if you prefer active/passive - ceramic/alnico magnets - what your trying to accomplish tone wise - guitar body woods and what pick-ups you are using today - and price range. It will probably get you some better results.

#13 ·
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Duncan Custom for mahogany.

#15 ·
The Gus G blackouts are active, not passive.

Put a Duncan Custom (not a Custom Custom, nor a Custom 5; just a Custom) in there and grind some faces off.

#26 ·
Wirelessly posted (Only Chris cares about this ->: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just installed another Custom/Jazz setup in a mahogany guitar and it continues to be hands-down my favourite setup.

#30 ·
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Chug or snarl?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.