Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: NPD!

ME: Jackson KV2
    Rig: AxeFX Ultra

Hi guys,

Unpackaging threads are always fun, but I guess there's only so excited you can get about a pickup... but hell, I'll do it anyways

This arrived in the post:

I'd ordered it just before Christmas as a little present to myself as no one in my family ever buys me stuff I actually want. Opened it up and look what we have:

Aha, but which one...?

That one! Been on the lookout for a sensibly priced one on eBay and this one came up at the right time.

Looks good, appears to be unused. Basically, I plan on installing it in my Jackson KV4, to replace the EMG81/85 combo with an 85/60 combo, just to see what difference it makes. I'll leave my KV2 with it's current 81/85 combo so I should have a little bit of variation for recording my band's new album over the next few months.

All this started when I fixed up my friend's ESP MII Deluxe (I think that's what it was!) with passives (SeymourDuncan and DiMarzio combo from memory, not sure which models) and the clean sound I got on it just blew away both my Jackson's. Even the dirty sound was actually very good.

I will hopefully install it later tonight when I get the kids to bed, so we'll see what difference it actually makes... if any!

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Pics of the guitar when it goes in!

ME: Jackson KV2
    Rig: AxeFX Ultra

It's one of the newer clip-jobbies, and both my Jackson's are the older solder-jobbies (technical terms) so it's going to require some delicate microsurgery. This calls for beer.

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

Everything calls for beer.