Pickup comparison: Dimarzio's, Seymour Duncan, and Bare Knuckle!

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Pickup comparison: Dimarzio's, Seymour Duncan, and Bare Knuckle!

Pickup comparison: Dimarzio's, Seymour Duncan, and Bare Knuckle!

Getting around to making some pickup comparison clips! I'll do more in whatever style and i will be adding more clips from other pickups, so watch this thread for updates.
    Recorded this in Garageband, which i just started using a week or two ago. Fun stuff! All these pickups are in Ibanez RG 7's. All were recorded with the exact same amp settings, nothing touched in between takes. I'm using the LePou LeGion amp sim, with the LeCab, and the God's Cab impulses. Little reverb, little EQ, and a little compression.
    Order is as follows: Dimarzio Blaze Custom, Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom, Bare Knuckle Aftermath, and a custom Dimarzio.
    Let me know if these sound alright! At the moment, i only have some good headphones and my computer speakers to mix on, no monitors or anything. Thanks for listening!

ME: RG1527
    MA: Eastman AC-420
    Rig: Mesa Stiletto Ace

So just for clarification's sake: The pickups are being installed in different guitars?
    "Sometimes you have to confront your own patterns and expectations of yourself and do away with things that you enjoy doing in order to move forward and keep evolving as a musician. That's exactly the definition of the word progressive of course." —Steven Wilson

Yeah. The Blaze Custom is in a basswood body with maple neck, the SH-5 is in a mahogany body with rosewood board, the aftermath is basswood with rosewood, and the last Dimarzio is basswood with rosewood. All the same string gauge.