Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Seymour Duncan: Duncan MacLeod (Custom Shop 7 [NPD])

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Toshiro 
#1 ·
Hey dudes, my custom humbucker arrived recently from the SD Custom Shop. Check it:

I told them I wanted something with the aggression of the Black Winter but with the voicing/resonant peak of the Duncan Custom. I asked that it be tight and clear too with 4-conductor wiring for splitting with my neck pickup.

Oh man. They pulled this shit off perfectly. It chunks so hard but you hear all the notes in a chord. And the harmonics.. They're full, rich and stick to your fingers like a nasty booger. Couldn't be happier with it! Don't worry, I'm going to make some clips with a mic'd amp set up for you guys too :flex:

I'm going to have them build a matched neck pickup too. I'm asking for a tight low end with a tubular and glassy lead sound with an Alnico V mag. Gonna need a few extra winds for good measure \m/

The shop lets you name your pickups. So, this bridge model I dubbed "The Duncan MacLeod".. and the neck pickup.. well Chris suggests I stick the with Highlander naming convention and call it the Kurgan Neck :lol:

And you know how I like to accessorize so you better check out my matching beer, and sig picks:

:smoking:

See less See more
#2 ·
:metal: Nice man.:yesway:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.